cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

backFireX64
Forerunner

amd_chipset_software_6.02.07.2300 NSIS Error

When i run the new chipset driver (3/13/2024) a NSIS error message pops saying "installer integrity check has failed".

Tried installing from different folder locations, but no luck.

Tried renaming the file. No luck again.

Anyone having the same issue?

1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please download and install the driver from the AMD.com website.

View solution in original post

50 Replies
Francobér
Adept III

I have the same problem and it doesn't work either.
Unfortunately my entry here in the forum has been marked as spam

AMD Ryzen 5600X, Asrock X570 Steel Legend, 32GB G Skill Trident Z Royal Gold, AMD Rx 7900XTX, Gygabyte G34WQC
RadioMan
Journeyman III

Not only do I have the same problem, my antivirus flags as unsafe file.  Not good

-RKI-
Adept I

+1

I have exactly the same problem when I try to install version 6.02.07.2300 of the chipset driver.

comfortinthought
Journeyman III

Same issue here as well.

ThreeDee
Paragon

..and ditto on the same issue

ThreeDee PC specs
navek
Journeyman III

Same issue. There is almost certainly an issue with the posted file. I am going to reach out and attempt to get an official response from the support team. In this case, the problem is not our computers, the problem is on their end.

The installer is broken. Try extracting with 7-zip.

I did .. no discernable drivers in there that I could tell. I've had to manually update chipset drivers in the past with broken installers, this package looks different

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Then the whole package is corrupted.

0 Likes
genrabbit
Adept II

I'm Getting parameter is incorrect.

navek
Journeyman III

I have submitted an Online Service Request. My request was assigned Case #00464161. If anyone else submits an OSR, referencing that Case # might get us a faster response. The problem is definitely a corrupt or incomplete installer. So, trying to extract its contents may only cause you bigger problems.

0 Likes
digital_spam
Journeyman III

Same exact issue. 

0 Likes
Rpeorv
Journeyman III

Just made  a ticket! Here's my Ticket Number if it helps anyone! #00464190

0 Likes
H1deoK
Adept II

Same issue for me. This is highly unacceptable.

How can a major company release a driver package that can't be installed?

0 Likes
whitewolfcan
Adept I

I got the same result. How do we open a ticket?

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, I have escalated this issue to have it addressed as soon as possible. 

I just tried to install it and got the same error message.  Thanks for your help.

masterx1234
Adept I

It appears the entire package is corrupted, I cant even install it when removing the UAC protections manually. Wow AMD really botched this one

0 Likes

Have you tried to disable, if applicable, Windows Core Isolation ? That many times prevents an app from installing because it sees a file that is not signed or unsecured and stops the installation from occurring.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 185542.png

That has happened a couple of times with me in the past when a app that would normally install without issue would suddenly end up with an error during installation all the time.

I temporarily disabled Windows Core Isolation in Windows Settings and bingo it installed without any issues. Later I enabled Core Isolation without any problems,

NOTE: Most likely this isn't the reason but I thought I would mention it to eliminate Windows from preventing the AMD Chipset from installing.

0 Likes

Nothing to do with "Windows Core Isolation".

Windows Core Isolation is turned off by default, even if you change these settings it won't help.

There is a problem with the files provided by AMD. It is not the user's problem.

Yes, I beginning to realize that by the large amount of User having the same issue with installation.

I just mentioned Core Isolation to eliminate that security feature as a cause since that would prevent a app from installing since many Users do turn that feature on mainly because it is recommended by Microsoft and for extra security.

0 Likes

I tried with core isolation off but the problem persists. So the file is broken.

Thanks for the update.

I just mentioned it to eliminate that one security issue as a cause but really don't believe it is  what causing the installation problems.

Then it is a huge bug in the AMD CHIPSET Installation process.

0 Likes
forkwny
Adept III

Same issue here...installer completely broken. I didn't see this post and ended up posting another thread (which I'll remove if I can).

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes

Still no sign of it being fixed

0 Likes
robert2267
Journeyman III

hoping it gets sorted out asap, Also seeing the same error/issue

0 Likes
ryzenxry
Journeyman III

i got my installer here  and it works for me

0 Likes

Only the previous 6.01.25.342 works for now.

0 Likes
onurcil
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my ryzen laptop, neither radeon nor ryzen is an amd that can't handle any driver

0 Likes
EkiLui
Journeyman III

Yeah. I have the same problem... The parameter is incorrect.

0 Likes
Moosey
Journeyman III

Same issue here.  Windows 11 22H2

0 Likes

Not suspicious at all. Where did you get it and why do you host it on Mega?

[Ryzen 2600X 4.2 GHz | Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB | DDR4 32 GB | Win10 Pro]
0 Likes

Do not download this. I have already reported this to moderators. Not trustable at all.

here he upload it to mega lol xD

0 Likes
REC0GN1T0
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. Do you already have information when it will be fixed?

0 Likes
H1deoK
Adept II

Still not fixed. Embarassing.

0 Likes
forkwny
Adept III

Almost a full day has elapsed and no fix...unreal.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes
geekercz
Journeyman III

2 hours ago they responded on my ticket regarding this issue:Respond.jpg

(I could provide those links, but installation itself does not launch, so these steps would be redundant anyway.)

Respond.jpg

Can you please provide a link to the previous version of the driver from the letter?

0 Likes