Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kakaoua
Adept I

AMD Chipset Drivers CANNOT detect my AMD System

Hello everybody!

My System: Mobo: ASUS Prime X370-A (with latest BIOS v6042)
                    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
                    Windows 10 Pro x64 (version 21H2) with all the latest updates

The problem is that it's not possible for me to install any AMD Chipset Drivers later than version 19.10.429 (called "AMD Radeon Software"), which installs normally.

Starting from version 1.6.13.400 (called "AMD Chipset Drivers") up to version 2.01.15.2138, I get "Error 1720 - There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run".

Starting from version 2.04.04.111 (called "AMD Chipset Software) up to the current version 4.09.23.507, I get "This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD system. Exiting installation as the requirement is not satisfied." This message box pops up IMMEDIATELY after I double-click on the installer (amd_chipset_software_4.09.23.507.exe).

I know that there are a lot of similar posts here and on Reddit and I have tried ALL the Potential Solutions proposed in them and in "https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install#faq-Potential-Errors-and-Solutions", but to no avail.

Any help will be much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

I think you need to repair your Windows installation and continue from there

kakaoua
Adept I

New version of Chipset Drivers (v4.11.15.342) released, but the problem still remains. Great!!!

0 Likes

The thing is, it is like if you had ran out of fuel, but are mad because new tires still can't make your car run.

Problem is not the driver, problem is likely your Windows installation, or it can also be hardware, but to diagnose, first fix Windows installation.

Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool has fixed many AMD CHIP Set installation issues for many AMD Forum's Users.

Run the Tool and uninstall all Non-Graphic AMD Drivers. Afterward try installing the latest AMD Chip set driver package again.

You can download the tool from here: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool

0 Likes
kakaoua
Adept I

Thanks for all responses!
I had already tried Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool. It reports "No problems found".
The problem lies probably in the hardware recognition script of the driver.

ThreeDee
Paragon

no issues installing on B550 or x570 so can't test for x370 .. 

That being said, though I've never had issue with the AM4 chipset driver installer recognizing the 3 AM4 setups I have running in my home .. past installers had issue with where to install the drivers and so I had to go into Device Manager and update the drivers manually

You could try doing the same

What are you running for a virus scanner? You could run and Offline Scan with Windows Defender to see if/ make sure you are not infected with anything .. as well as run some utility like ADWCleaner

IF  you haven't already, open up a command prompt as admin and type:

sfc /scannow

to let Windows look for and attempt to fix any possible corrupted files

Check your system's Event Viewer for logged errors after you try running the AM4 chipset installer for maybe more detailed information on what might be causing your issue

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
kakaoua
Adept I

UPDATE:  The above issue ("This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD system. Exiting installation as the requirement is not satisfied") is resolved with the new chipset drivers v5.02.19.2221.

still does not work for me , fresh install of windows 11 albiet its the dev version 25300 ( no prior driver installed ) 

0 Likes

same issue still, windows 10 pro, TRx40
Revision Number

0 Likes