cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Draxirch
Challenger

AMD Bug Reporting for KINGDOM HEARTS

Lets all post the crash bugs in this thread. I will break them down by game.

Further more I have reported several of these via the bug reporting tool. I have come to the conclusion that there are no consistent work arounds for these issues and must be addressed by AMD themselves. The issue lies in Direct X12 as certain games that run DX12 are having issues.

Across all games = Change resolution settings midgame = Crash

Kingdom Hearts FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p results in a crash if you skip the cutscene before destiny Islands. If you put refresh rate on you will crash if you pause and unpause the game.

Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories

Playing at a resolution above 720p results in more crashes. Locking fps to 60 or 120 results in a crash if you try to battle any heartless on the map. If you try to save after exiting and entering a room you will usually crash.

Kingdom Hearts II FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p can cause crashing more frequently. If you choose to watch cutscenes for your playthrough you will crash on the cutscene where Namine first meets Roxas, but you will also crash on the cutscene where Kairi and Selphie are talking about Sora and Riku. I also crash when pausing and unpausing at times. You will run into a crash simply by entering and exiting a train in Twilight Town.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX

Playing at a resolution above 720p can cause crashing more frequently. The tutorial is liable to crash without putting refresh rate on. Without Refresh Rate on the game is a stuttery unplayable mess.

Send as many bug reports to AMD via the Bug Report Tool, it's high time these crashes were addressed! It us unacceptable how unstable this is on AMD Radeon RX7000 series GPUs.

What's the point of fixes if you ignore the other issues that are being reported?

50 Replies
Draxirch
Challenger

Use these settings for a more optimal experience, still crashes at times.

Rog Ally users lower your resolution to 720p. And make sure the FPS Limiter is set to 60 fps.

KH1 - Radeon Chill Low-60 / High-144, Vertical Sync: Always Off, Triple Buffering: On

KHRecom - AFMF on, Radeon Anti Lag off, Vertical Sync: Always Off Tripke Buffering on.

KH2 - AFMF on, Radeon Anti Lag off, Vertical Sync: Always Off, Triple Buffering: On

KHBBS - AFMF on, Radeon Anti Lag off, Vertical Sync: Always Off, Triple Buffeing: On

Ingame set these.

Window Type: Fullscreen, Resolution: 1280x720, Framerate: Unlocked, Refresh Rate: Off

Find the way to unlock cutscene fps to 60 or you will experience the above cutscene crashes.

Let me know if this helps any of you.

I've tried only KH1 but so far it crashes when i pause, i can mitigate the problem with changing resolution to 720p but it happens either way and some areas of the game are more prone to it than others.

Im hoping that reporting via the bug report tool will help us at least identify the problem to AMD but I'm not hopeful, they fix things but apparently don't fix them?

Is it normal for Fluid Motion Frames to stutter?

Draxirch
Challenger

Could be a breakthrough.

Using Universal Tuning Utility handheld and messing with the clock rate does seem to have different effects with KH on the Ally.

The issue is likely related to clocking speed.

20240322_190915.jpg

20240322_190931.jpg

Doing so I've not crashed in KH1 yet.

Draxirch
Challenger

Rechain of Memories is unplayable.

Regardless of the above you WILL crash its inevitable.

AMD I have reported this many times, look into this please.

This is unacceptable in 2024.

Draxirch
Challenger

Obligatory bump.

I will not let this issue be ignored any longer.

Now I will continue to pursue.

Rechain of Memories is by far the least stable.

Crashing while pausing, crashing while saving, crashing while loading, crashing by just moving the joystick in a new area, crashing while idling and doing nothing! Crashing on a cutscene.....

AMD please I'm seriously begging for acknowledgement on this issue.

Its huge, it's well known, its been happening since 2022 according to some users... WHAT is going ON?

It crashed here, and always does.

20240327_120751.jpg

At 60 fps locked you get these crashes. Engaging a heartless causes the game to not load into any battles and times out the driver.

20240220_165052.jpg

I have already submitted bug reports can you acknowledge this issue please.

Draxirch
Challenger

A few hours ago I submitted a very extensive bug report for this.

Please acknowledge the issue.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I know you have been patient thus far, I will tag a few people to see if there is anything that can be done. @Sam_AMD @Matt_AMD @Wally_AMD Hopefully this helps. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Thank you for helping out with that, I hope it will get noticed!

I'm almost certain if they resolve the crashing on the RX7000 GPUs it will most likely work on the Rog Ally as it is mostly the same and can even use the Radeon software like 24.3.1, this issue has been persistent since a few months to even years ago from what I saw.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @cpurpe91 

Hello @Draxirch. Nice to e-meet you, and thank you for submitting the bug using our Report Tool. I'm not in the Support Team or Driver Team, but I will forward this thread to them in just a moment. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Thanks Sam, I am crossing my fingers on this.

I'm glad that someone responded to this!

I'm convinced this issue is only in RX7000's so they should use those GPUs as a basis for examinations and fixes.

The Asus Rog Allly uses something that's known as the 7840u or the Ryzen Extreme Z1 which is something also in the RX7000 band of GPUs.

I've been chasing after a driver fix since November 2023 just to give a time frame. To my knowledge this issue is "months or even a year old". It must've fell under the radar and that's why it was never addressed.

If however they say that it can't be fixed at least I have official confirmation that I've been chasing unattainable fixes, but hey let's hope it's not the case! And that I gave it everything I have to get it noticed.

It also seems like changing resolutions, framerates etc will cause crashes midgame...

The dream would be to not have to alter settings to get it to run, this game is a complex puzzle....different settings have different results...

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Bumping this as I want to make sure this post gets seen by those admins.

FlanknFerret
Adept I

I just sent another bug report yesterday!  Fingers crossed.

The more we send amd the more details that we send, the more they will have to notice the massive issue surrounding this game.

Its not small, one of the four games included is practically UNPLAYABLE since it crashes after the tutorial.

I've been reporting this issue since November 2023.

Also due to the games requiring DX12 we cannot use any DX11 workarounds which is a shame.

Draxirch
Challenger

It would be nice if this was addressed in a future Adrenaline update though. This is the only game I have problems with...

Draxirch
Challenger

I will periodically bump this so it doesn't disappear into the aether.

Further more definitely something weird with this game it crashes when you change any of the settings especially refresh rate. Sometimes the driver crashes so hard it won't recover and force restarts the system.

Just to give an idea of how bad these timeouts are, see the below screenshot I took in December.

20231212_152321.jpg

These are all timeout errors from Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 ReMIX. And the situation hasn't changed, it just won't stop crashing.

Draxirch
Challenger

Obligatory bump to keep it alive.

homailot
Journeyman III

Hello, can confirm the crashes are also happening on my end.
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Radeon RX 7800XT

0 Likes

As I suspected. It is relegated to RX7000's.

With a bit of luck a future Adrenaline update may address this. I can't promise anything tho, it's now down to AMD to look into it.

I've done all I can now, it's only with the aid of a volunteer moderator that this was finally noticed.

Draxirch
Challenger

I just had the worst time for it to crash.

Rechain of Memories thought it'd be funny to crash while saving.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

Due to the nature of these timeouts and the fact it's a Direct X 12 game maybe the play would be to check Direct X 12 compatability with AMD GPUS RX7000 onwards? @Sam_AMD If you could pass this on to the team it may befit them to examine this avenue.

0 Likes

Can confirm that the issue is fixed for me on games like WoW by switching to DX11.

It's unacceptable though. The fact they've kept silent tells me it's probably a hardware issue and they don't want to lose money by having to issue refunds or repairs.

I discovered I can reliably get PUBG to crash, crash discord, turn all my screens black by playing the desert/mexico map. Even when using DX11, even though using DX12 makes it crash for me on any map.

The worse part is that this crash makes my entire computer crash and not only the game I'm playing.

Discord dies, screens die, have to do Shift+Ctrl+win+B to reset the displays

This is just unacceptable. In the WoW forums there are a few threads with thousands of replies of people talking about the same

Shame on AMD

0 Likes

If they don't fix the issue I'm inclined to agree with you on the fact it's hardware defects which puts me SOL because of the fact I use the Asus Rog Ally and there's no way to my knowledge to change the GPUs settings like clocking speeds and voltages.

And not to mention that the DX11 workarounds not an option here for Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 Remix because the game ONLY supports DX12 which was a bit of a strange move.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

20240402_102229.jpg

I dont think I find this acceptable.

All these 4101 events viewer errors are all from Kingdom Hearts HD1.5+2.5 ReMIX.

122 in the last 7 days.

Please get this fixed.

Update: AMD are indeed looking into the issue so we might get news in the future of a potential driver fix.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello @Draxirch 

I heard from the folks in our Support Team (who work closely with our Driver Team). I can assure you your bug report and your various posts have been received and acknowledged. Please understand that issues of this type take time.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Much obliged I will await some news then. Thanks for getting back to me, it's appreciated to know my issue is in good hands now.

If you’re ever down Sydney, Australia I would like to shake your hand! I’ve been dealing with KH 1.5+2.5 crashes for months which included a long back and forth with square enix support. Glad you were knocking on the right door and didn’t let up. If this game never gets fixed, it won’t be from a lack of notice, and if it does, I will have you to thank for it. 

0 Likes

I want a good experience so naturally I've been posting for months and now it's finally paid off.

I hope they deliver on the goods though, getting it acknowledged is a huge step in the right direction!

If they do fix these issues I'll be letting everyone know as it will be a monumental moment for the KH community in the portable department because that means it's fully playable and the Rog Ally will have a one-up on the Steam Deck.

I agree that it is a huge step in the right direction for acknowledging this issue.  I just hope a resolution can be found.  Lets keep our hopes up!

0 Likes

I have faith.

0 Likes

Now we pray.

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

I was having non stop crashing dx12 timeouts the works battlefield 2042 dx12 game .

then I did this.

I was able to fix my crashing today unreal. I had to turn off XMP first in bios ,and turn off auto for ram timings and manually enter the timings PLAYED 5 ROUNDS NO CRASHING 2042 LOL .. hope it helps now I'm going to turn XMP-XEPO back on and see if i crash. 

I hope this helps a few people out there. if it does please let me know.

0 Likes

Lmao the one setting we can't change in the Rog Ally because of course, I'm just going to await the news update in the future.

At least I know that it's being looked at now.

0 Likes

in your bios motherboard

no this is the ram timings your memory sticks inside your computer make sure its not set to auto . you have to put the timings in yourself set to manual and and if you have xpo fast memory ram turn it off

0 Likes

That's just not a fix

There are dozens of people reporting this for say, WoW in the WoW forums, all with different machines and different setups

The only thing in common between all of them? 7000 series AMD GPUs

The "fix"? To not use DX12.

It's just an AMD issue

Maybe for your system that works for some other reason, the problem here is the graphics card/drivers

0 Likes

your right we are cutting our cards in half performance  this is not a solution .

and like before its crashing again

0 Likes

EssayMavens academic support services have received excellent reviews from students in diverse locations.

0 Likes

Can't do that with the Rog Ally.

I have faith that AMD will deliver on the goods though, and DirectX 12 games such as Kingdom Hearts HD and World of Warcraft may get the fix they deserve in a future driver update.

0 Likes