Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fungus
Adept I

Amd Adrenalin Installation error 1603 and 1406

I am trying to install AMD Adrenalin software for GPU rx7700xt

Bez tytułu.png

I've tried using previous versions of AMD Adrenalin and also tried to use AMD Cleanup Utility but I still get the error

0 Likes
13 Replies

First when Windows version do you have installed and is it fully updated via Windows Update?

Second run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following simple line command to check your Windows for corruption or missing files: SFC /scannow

Here is AMD Support explanation and possible troubleshooting tips to fix Error 1603: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603

Try running Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to see if it fixes your installation error. Especially error 1406: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

The tool will fix any installation issues including the Registry, hopefully that is.

But first use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove your current AMD driver and deleting AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD .

When the PC reboots after DDU does its work use the MS Install/Uninstaller Tool to install the AMD driver full package. see if it makes any difference.

NOTE: Have you tried any previous AMD driver to see if you get the same errors?  Could be an issue with the latest AMD driver installation package or it is corrupted.

Previous RX7700XT Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-770...

Latest RX7700XT driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7700-series/amd-rade...

EDIT: Reading about Error 1406 all the hits I see concerning that error deals with Windows 7 OS. Which is why I asked which Windows version you have installed.

But did find this one concerning Autodesk but the troubleshooting tip is same I read from a few Microsoft Forum threads and from Microsoft Support page concerning it APP: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/1406-Error-when-in...

Screenshot 2024-02-25 171123.png

But try the other troubleshooting steps at the top of this reply first before trying this troubleshooting step.

I've tried both latest and previous drivers, using windows 10 Home 22H2,  I'm going to try the steps you provided and reply if it worked

DDU and mircrosoft tool didn't fix it and the keys don't exist ad.png

the SFC /scannow command didn't find anything either

Did you follow the AMD Tips from the link (AMD SUPPORT FOR ERROR 1603)  I posted in my previous reply?

Uninstall your current AMD driver using DDU.

Try installing just the AMD Driver via Device Manager. Using Device Manager -Display - Driver -update and guide it to the unzipped AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD.

It should install and update the driver from the AMD package directly.

Okay it might be a Windows issue. Try doing a In-Place Windows Repair and then afterwards see if the AMD driver installs without error.

To do a In-Place Windows Repair just run the Windows Installation during your desktop either using a Flash drive/DVD/Internal or External SSD/HDD or downloading from MS Windows 10 download page.

Open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and ask their opinion: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

0 Likes

I did follow tips AMD provided, I already have display drivers installed but I also wanted to get the software to work

So Device Manger is showing no errors concerning your enabled GPU card nor any errors in general?

0 Likes

Yes only the software doesn't work, It installed fine for integrated graphics but after I installed drivers for gpu the software just vanished

0 Likes

Okay, I forgot to ask you your PC Information:

Make & Model of your Motherboard, CPU, GPU, Windows and AMD Versions installed, etc.

It is possible that your CPU IGPU is not compatible with your RX7700XT GPU card. Thus the conflict between the IGPU and GPU AMD drivers installed.

0 Likes

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M DS3H 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 7700 XT Gaming OC 12GB GDDR6 

Windows 10 Home 22H2

I've tried disabling integrated graphics and then installing AMD adrenalin but still had the same errors

I'm currently talking to AMD tech support but so far they couldn't fix my issues, I'll reply with steps once It'll be fixed

From what I understand they pretty much told me I'm out of luck and that I can't install AMD software

That doesn't really make sense and the answer was a non-answer.

They should have at least explained WHY you couldn't install the AMD driver or, at least,  escalated the ticket to see if someone else can find out the issue.

0 Likes

This is what I got after I tried the steps they provided which was using AMD cleanup utility and then installing AMD software

"AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.

If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility."