cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

marcos954
Adept I

AMD adrenalin edition Drivers malfunction

Hello, I come to ask for help for several errors that are occurring to me regarding the AMD adrenaline edition drivers:

1 - When I am interacting with elements on one screen, the other screen tends to be seen in slow motion from time to time (not only videos, all application, including mouse movement), making it extremely uncomfortable to watch videos or enithyng on the second screen while working on the main one.

2 - This error has only happened to me 2 times since the problems started 3 days ago. What happens is that one of my screens goes black, the other one goes green and everything running on the pc stops, including audio, all applications and processes, after a few minutes everything goes back to normal. normal and a message from AMD appears saying that the drivers have stopped working and if I want to send a report, the 2 times that has happened I have sent the report.

When did it start to happen?

These errors started to occur 2 days ago when I bought a second monitor.

What have I done?

- Try to reinstall drivers multiple times in different configurations. A clean install, a minimal install, a full install, but nothing has worked.

- I also tried to uninstall all the drivers and it turns out that without the drivers the errors do not occur, therefore the errors have to do with the adrenaline edition drivers.

- During the first error I have monitored both the software and the hardware and I have not seen changes and overloaded systems, the disks work well, the ram memory does not overload, the processor works at a minimum as well as the gpu, the temperatures of the entire hardware is below the maximum. There is no sign of the error when monitoring the software and hardware

Features of my computer:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics 3.80 GHz
RAM: 16Gb 3200 Mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
Power supply: MAGNUM Tech MT-PSU500  500W
Adrenaline edition version: 22.Q4 - last check 4/12/2022 (Today)

Thank you very much for any help you can offer me.

7 Replies

0 Likes

Hello

Thanks for the answer, I installed the indicated drivers and the problem of slowness on the second screen disappeared, however the second problem in which the game closes and the two screens go black has been repeated a couple more times, but now I have a hint that it might be. The times that it has happened to me have been playing Albion Online which I play in 1920 x 800, a virtual resolution that facilitates gameplay, when the error occurs the only application that closes is that game, and when I reopen it the custom resolution disappears and change to the standard 1920 x 1080.

Any idea how I could solve it?

These two guides have some information that might help > https://cybercafe.dev/a-complete-guide-to-amd-eyefinity-multi-monitor-setup/

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-014

" But when it comes to eyefinity, you don't have the option to configure monitors individually and of course any scaling or custom resolution will be applied on the full virtual monitor that the graphics card simulates. Because of this, you can only use eyefinity with native resolutions. "

0 Likes

Hi, i'll try eyefinity, but I already create a virtual resolution with adrenalin edition that allow me configure virtual resolution for each monitor. This mean that the problem is adrenalin  edition software?

0 Likes

To be clear, I am not extending the game to the second screen, I am using the virtual resolution (1920 x 800) on only one of my monitors, this is because this specific game is better that way. I understand that eyeinfinity is used to extend the resolution of the game to multiple screens and that's not what I'm looking for. The resolution of the game is fine and it works exactly as I want it to, however amd crashes, and the problem is becoming more and more common.

0 Likes

All the problems back... No versión of adrenaline edition fix the problem and I have already sent dozens of reports every time an error occurs... what can I do????

Kongar
Journeyman III

I don't know where to start a thread. I wanted to write here. I bought this processor and there is a black on the top as seen in the photo. I just bought it and the motherboard is not compatible, I could not use it, but this is how it came out of the box I opened. I want to send it for exchange.

0 Likes