cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Apoc_V
Journeyman III

All Drivers after 22.5.1 have broken Elite Dangerous.

For a couple of months now 22.5.1 has been the latest driver that works with Elite Dangerous. All of the more recent driver versions cause crashes with the 6000 series cards. Specifically, the game will crash when trying to land on planets. 

9 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Don't use the 22.7.1 as it is a beta optional driver, 22.5.1 is the recommended driver..

If you use optional there can be problems, so stick with recommended WHQL..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Samsung 960 EVO 500gb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Seasonic X850 PSU.

While you're correct in what you say about the versions, ED being a DX11 game it would be great to be able to utilise all those tasty DX11 driver optimisations that have been released recently.  If AMD could look into this it'd make a lot of Radeon toting ED players happy (like me).

I accept that, but a lot of don't realise these drivers can cause problems..

Some don't understand PC's and just switch on to use it..

I have always used optional drivers without problems, but the problems with the latest are too common and often..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Samsung 960 EVO 500gb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Seasonic X850 PSU.

I understand that and understand the likelihood of "optional" drivers causing problems. I am simply trying to help bring attention to a problem that has existed across a few versions of the optional driver now, in hopes the problem doesn't slip past the developers and persist to the next recommended release.

ChosenName
Journeyman III

Same for me.

Unknown_Zombie
Adept I

I'm seeing the same thing. Trying to use anything after 22.5.1 causes a game crash when landing on planets or loading into a game while already on a planet surface.

Navsurv
Journeyman III

These crashes are continuing with the latest 22.8.1 drivers released so the hope that the update would fix it due to other changes is not happening and will need direct attention to find the issue.

vince42
Journeyman III

Can confirm this. Plus, I’m running the recently released RX 6700 (non-XT), that is not officially supported by 22.5.1. So there’s no fallback driver option for this card, the game is just broken.

Rapidwolf
Journeyman III

running 22.9.1 still has the same issue. 

0 Likes