cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ibenjammin91
Journeyman III

Adrenaline won't open and no games run

About a month and a half ago I got a new Sapphire Radeon 6700 10GB, upgrading from an old GTX 1060. this is a fresh install of everything as I upgraded my old ryzen 2600 cpu to a 5600 also. Everything goes smoothly and I've been playing new games getting well over 100fps, I'm enjoying every minute of the new system.

Flash forward to 2 days ago I try to launch madden and get a directx error, weird but now it wont launch at all. Try to repair files, same thing. Try to completely delete and reinstall game, same thing. Try a new game on a different launcher, High on life from the Xbox launcher, gets to the splash screen error. Try another, Farming Sim 22, error.

So I decide I should check my drivers find the AMD software click, it opens for half a second and crashes, again, same thing, again, same.

Google tells me it could be corrupter drivers, download DDU, delete AMD software, delete drivers from device manager, Restart in safe mode. Run DDU and fully uninstall all AMD Drivers for the GPU, restart. Download new adrenaline edition from AMD site launch and tell it to install drivers, everything seems to be going fine, when its done I open the AMD software and it launches. Finally!

Do the first time setup and bam the software closes and wont relaunch again, no games launch, and even the battlenet launcher has little green squares on the pictures that supposed to have animations... Monitors are plugged into the GPU, everything works otherwise I just cant game at all or use the AMD software, Could this be a GPU issue or is it more likely a driver issue?

TLDR; New GPU and CPU, Fresh install of Windows 11 everything worked fine up until 2 days ago when every game crashes on launch now and AMD adrenaline wont even open. I've uninstalled all drivers using DDU and reinstalled the software and drivers, nothing works.

0 Likes
3 Replies
NTurnbullJr
Adept II

Have you overclocked anything? If so, you might try going back to the defaults or clearing the CMOS. If no OC, have you checked the CPU and GPU and Case temps?

0 Likes

no overclocking besides the stock OC, as I said it worked fine for a few weeks and then one day started crashing madden and now won't open any games

0 Likes
NTurnbullJr
Adept II

You also might also want check to make sure the motherboard, CPU and GPU power connections are fully seated.

0 Likes