cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Darkness_Angel
Adept III

Adrenaline crashing any version since 7900xtx install

Anytime on my machine,  (i have a 45 inch oled and a 34 inch ultrawide above it), when i step away i like to turn the OLED off.  anytime i go from 2 screens to 1, the adrenaline crashes.  Has anyone else run into this issue before?

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
1 Solution

So i found the solution.  I was also seeing in for honor i didnt have up to date drivers for optimal performance, which was a lie i was running the newest version.
I've had 2 problems.  the software crashing when OLED turns off and stuttering upon boot, was caused by running both the amd on board GPU and my 7900xtx.  I went into the BIOS and turned off the built in GPU and now it does not crash when i turn the OLED off and no longer stutters on boot up.

Secondly,
I was having directx, and driver time out errors randomly when gaming.  This ended up being the EXPO II settings on my mboard.  If i use expo, i either A. have to keep expo on and adjust mghz to 5600 instead of 6000 that expo states.
Or you can adjust voltage and timing to make it stable.  Seems EXPO need some work still.

v/r
Louis Imbrogno

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Darkness_Angel
Adept III

Just so folks know, I Have reformatted the PC just yesterday, installed 2 seperate versions of adrenaline, and it occurs no matter what.  I've disabled the integrated GPU (7950x)

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
0 Likes
tommat
Adept I

I hope my input helps because I don't seem to be able to find the initial post by people having blackscreens this week and windows updates overwriting AMD install happening in the same instance.  However I have fixed my new build an RX-580 - Ryzen 5 5600X - 32Gb G-Skill 3600  win 10 2H22... everything is new !  I was not able to do anything due to timeouts and black screening.  I had updated the BIOs as recommended on my new msi B550 Tomahawk but it seems it did not do the update properly.  It actually showed on cpu-z the change to the latest bios but problems remained the same.  I ran the BIOs update again yesterday and it made the change and now it is a normal machine, good speed and quite the sprinter.  So if you still have these black screens and timeout errors with buggered driver installed by all means check your board bios recommendations, new board definitely update without hesitation.

So i found the solution.  I was also seeing in for honor i didnt have up to date drivers for optimal performance, which was a lie i was running the newest version.
I've had 2 problems.  the software crashing when OLED turns off and stuttering upon boot, was caused by running both the amd on board GPU and my 7900xtx.  I went into the BIOS and turned off the built in GPU and now it does not crash when i turn the OLED off and no longer stutters on boot up.

Secondly,
I was having directx, and driver time out errors randomly when gaming.  This ended up being the EXPO II settings on my mboard.  If i use expo, i either A. have to keep expo on and adjust mghz to 5600 instead of 6000 that expo states.
Or you can adjust voltage and timing to make it stable.  Seems EXPO need some work still.

v/r
Louis Imbrogno

Also a tip all ddr5 is not expo, xmp ddr5 works but expo is better. Overclocking is better with expo ddr5. So I tested ddr4 same thing it is better to use expo ram with amd.

0 Likes

appreciate the input, you can take a look below i posted what fixed my issues in this case.  Thanks for taking the time to write a reply incase i needed to give that a go!

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
0 Likes