Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

godranger
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 22.5.1 6900 XT Enhanced Sync broken

Hello,

I had been using Enhanced Sync ever since I bought my 6900 XT during Spring 2021, and for the most part it worked fine but that changed with the release of 22.5.1 and I started having issues immediately after installation.

Two main issues: 

1). Having Enhanced Sync enabled while it unlocks my FPS, it causes massive stutters, hangs, crashes when tabbing out, black screen, and even image/pixel distortion which I had never experienced before where parts of the screen change color and the image or pixels get distorted for a split second when the game needs to render an animation/explosion.

2). While having "Instant Replay" feature enabled, it permanently locks FPS back to 165Hz even with Enhanced Sync enabled essentially ignoring it. 

What I've tried that did not help: 

Tested other games.

Tested a second monitor.

FreeSync Disabled

FreeSync Enabled 

FreeSync set to AMD Optimized

Reinstalled the games

Completely formatted drives did a clean installation of the same OS Windows 10 Pro 64x

Updated BIOS

Updated Chipset drivers

What I tried that resolved the issue: 

Rolled back and installed Radeon Pro Software Enterprise edition which uses Q42021 driver.  

System: 

MB: AORUS Master

CPU: 5950x

GPU 6900 XT Sapphire

RAM: 4x8GB Trident Z CL14 3200Mhz

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jeffreyy2
Adept II

hello godranger would you mind checking out this post https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/6900xt-weird-artifacts-small-green-sometimes-white-boxes/m-p/5... and seeing if the pixel distortion you have is the same as i have?

0 Likes