cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin uninstalling drivers instead of install something

Hi! I have just installed a Windows 10, last build, in my old PC Gamer. It has a Radeon RX . Windows will install the right driver automatically, but I wish to install the AMD software to get the most of the card. After download and run the installer, the board is recognized as RX 560 (curious fact: HWInfo detects XFX RX 560 with AMD Radeon RX 460 chipset).

As I click on continue, it will uninstall the current drivers and let the system with generic VGA! Why??? Tried several times, always the same result. Maybe I will have to "block" Windows from auto-update and try it with VGA drivers only... or maybe this drivers will be enought already... What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Here is how I solved (alone) this problem.

After the installer have uninstalled the current driver, I rebooted Windows offline, so the system could not look for drivers again. Then I did run the installer. This time, the drivers were installed, finally. Another reboot will be needed, and I could connect to the Internet again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Here is how I solved (alone) this problem.

After the installer have uninstalled the current driver, I rebooted Windows offline, so the system could not look for drivers again. Then I did run the installer. This time, the drivers were installed, finally. Another reboot will be needed, and I could connect to the Internet again.

0 Likes