cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Perec1975
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 21.8.1 (Black screen, PC slow down, lost mouse, keyboard....)

After I installed this new driver I got black screen, I lost my Mouse, Keyboard, too. I did a reset, after the Windows started to working I got a popup: New hardware detected, restart the computer.... And the PC slowed down, I can not open any programs or applications, (file manager, Start menu......) I did a windows recovery from an earlier point, (21.7.2). After that the PC working well, again. (W10 x64, Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming X with 5950X CPU, Sapphire 5700XT SE VGA)

0 Likes
6 Replies
vcolon12
Adept I

same here.  Found the screen flash intermittently  while I was watching a youtube video. Happened 3 separate times. 

This happened soon after I installed 21.8.1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ich benutze nur den Radeon Treiber 21.6.1 der ist WHQL ! Die Adrenalinsoftware benutze ich nicht sondern den MSI Afterburner. Bei der Installation der Radeon Software sollten die Automatischen Updates von Windows deaktiviert sein. Im BIOS kein Schellstart und den PCI-Express von Auto auf Gen 3 oder Gen 4 stellen. Das kann die Probleme minimieren.

0 Likes

Adrenalin 21.6.1 caused black scree under iRacing. I don not use any 3th party software, dont use msi Afterburner and othes. .. I use PCIE GEN 4 in bios. Try to install two times the 21.8.1, but needed all time make a Windows restoration from earlier state. I give up....  

0 Likes

@Anonymous This is an English Language forum. Please take the time to translate your posts before you post them here.

0 Likes

Also having the same issue as vcolon12 described, started happening on the day that I updated the Adrenalin driver. I will have to role back to the older driver. The driver crashes, and anything using the GPU (basically any graphic accelerated software), gets restarted).

Hey Ray, get this to the engineering team.

0 Likes
apoeschl
Journeyman III

Same here, booting in Windows 10 safe mode works perfectly, and also after removing 21-8-1 windows 10 is booting again in normal mode, but after 21-8-1, the screen goes black right before the logon screen. RX 6660 XT

0 Likes