Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GPUUser33
Journeyman III

Active Signal Resolution GPU Scaling 5700 XT

Hello,

I have a 4K 10-bit HDR monitor connected to the 5700 XT over HDMI. The card cannot output RGB 4:4:4 at 10 bit over 4K. So previously with my RX 480 I was able to reduce the resolution to 1080p for 10-bit HDR at RGB 4:4:4.

However I seem to be unable to do the same with the 5700 XT, because despite the Desktop resolution at 1080p it defaults to the 4K signal barring me from enabling 10-bit. It did work to set the 1080p setting from the Windows Advanced Display Settings -> List All Modes. But this seems to be fundamentally incompatible with GPU Integer Scaling enabled as it will then force the active resolution again to 4K.

How do I solve this problem or is this an inherent hardware limitation? Is my memory about the RX 480 wrong, because I had no such issues before.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GPUUser33
Journeyman III

I was probably wrong about the RX 480 not having trouble with that. The core reason was that text, i.e. subpixels looked wrong on the TV and I wrongly attributed it to the 4:2:2 setting and only GPU scaling seemed to fix this issue. This was not the case. A full DDU uninstall and reinstall of the drivers fixed the blurriness. I was unable to identify any other cause like HDMI scaling, so perhaps something broke driver wise, maybe a side effect having Intel's iGPU drivers still installed even if that was never connected to that display.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GPUUser33
Journeyman III

I was probably wrong about the RX 480 not having trouble with that. The core reason was that text, i.e. subpixels looked wrong on the TV and I wrongly attributed it to the 4:2:2 setting and only GPU scaling seemed to fix this issue. This was not the case. A full DDU uninstall and reinstall of the drivers fixed the blurriness. I was unable to identify any other cause like HDMI scaling, so perhaps something broke driver wise, maybe a side effect having Intel's iGPU drivers still installed even if that was never connected to that display.

0 Likes