cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

7950X3D caching algorithms need sorting out.

I did some tests today running Superposition.

My results showed that having both CCD's enabled resulted in a much lesser result I ran my tests with one CCD enabled vs both CCS's for all of the caching modes regarding the X3D Cache.. here are the results.

AUTO     FREQ     CACHE     Driver

CCD2 OFF         48100    48129    47998      48282

CCD2 ON          42494    42476    45394      43005

I am assuming here that AUTO lets the BIOS sort out what to run where, FREQ will run on the CCD parts with the highest frequency, CACHE will try and run everything in CACHE first and Driver will let AMDs Cache drivers decide, either way it seems horrific to me that in order to get the best performance when gaming you have to turn off the 2nd CCD and manually adjust the BIOS in order to get top performance and lets not kid ourselves here close to 6000 points in this test is not a minor difference you are talking 12.5% which is as much as a generation of CPU in speed that is just left sitting there.

2 Replies
lfu8cy0w
Adept I

Fary Cry 6 BenchmarksFary Cry 6 BenchmarksYep same here I decided to turn of CCD 1 and run my chip on v-cache 8 cores well untill AMD and Microsoft fix the low gaming performance.

I feel cheated out of my money.

0 Likes

Well you aren't if you are using productivity software as well but if you are just gaming well yeah, I suggest you invest in process lasso as I don't trust the microsoft game bar and I use process lasso because it can set the affinity of the game you are launching to the faster cached cores and everything else will go to the slower non cached if you set it up right that will get you the best of both worlds.

0 Likes