cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

grumpysmurff
Journeyman III

7900 xtx RGB

I have a xtx  reference card but cant figure out how to turn off the rgb. Does anyone have a solution  for  this? 

1 Solution
ali_d
Community Manager

12 Replies
ali_d
Community Manager

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded and installed the tool, it updated a firmware (I guess the RGB controller?) to a slightly newer version. Interestingly enough the tool actually applied the color setting I've used with my previous MBA 6900 XT.

So far it works well.

demu
Journeyman III

Loaded and installed the new 7900 XTX RGB tool. Does not find my AMD RX 7900 XTX.

Uninstalled drivers (with DDU), uninstalled 7900 RGB tool, reinstalled all again (22.12.2).

Does still not find my 7900 XTX.

WIN10 (correct RGB tool version, checked twice).

demu_0-1672999483846.png

0 Likes
ali_d
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that,

We would like to collect more information from you:

• How is the GPU connected to the motherboard, for example is it connected directly or are you using a riser cable? 
  • How many displays are you using?
  • How is the GPU connected to the display, for example is is connected via HDMI/DP/USB-C and are you using any adapters/dongles/MST Hub
  • What build of Windows are you using, for example Windows 10 22H2
  • What CPU/Motherboard/Bios are you using?
demu
Journeyman III

- One GPU

- one display (HDMI 2.1)

- WIN10, all upgrades installed

I got this RGB tool working after hard reboot (power off->on)

0 Likes

Just to be very clear: Are you using a MBA (reference) 7900 XTX card or a custom card by a board partner, like an XFX Merc, Asus TUF or Sapphire Nitro? Because these custom designs require their own, dedicated software supplied by their respective manufacturer.

Extremely helpful because the Sapphire Trixx no longer gives me rgb options so I kept trying to troubleshoot the Radeon RGB tool. Now I know I need to look into the Trixx rgb.

you might have as well resolved the issue since then, but i'll post if anyone is looking like i was, to solve the problem. Like you i have a Sapphire Nitro+ 7900xtx, and installed Trixx, which gave me no rgb control tab (Nitro Glow), and i was going crazy trying to find a solution.

Funny enough, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling Trixx (v 9.0.0), and it gave me the Glow tab and the Fan Health one, also missing!

0 Likes

thank you so much, like the next user i had tried installing Sapphire Nitro software, but didn't give me the RGB control.

Funny enough, i uninstalled it and reinstalled, and voilà, rgb control available.. confused but happy

0 Likes
bota2
Journeyman III

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep an eye out for it. My RGB controller just got updated to a slightly newer version after downloading and installing the tool. I suspect that it updated the firmware of the RGB controller. My previous MBA 6900 XT device had a color setting that I had used with the tool, and this tool actually applied the color settings I had.

Haaky
Adept II

When i run the Firmware updater everything is ghosted out

it shows

firmware.jpg

im having the same dang issue. 

0 Likes