Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheActualAcorn
Journeyman III

7900 XTX display port dont work after update

Hi everyone

I'm coming to you, because i'm very sad about my 7900 xtx.
Short story is that I build a new PC. Going full AMD because I am a big fan of their cpus.

But ever since i've gotten the 7900 xtx GPU, i have had nothing but trouble. Random game crashes a few times a day, which i could live with to some extend. I updated my driver from 23.2.1 to 23.2.2 and everything was good. Until this morning, when i booted up my PC, and my secondary monitor was black. I checked display settings and it sees the monitor, though only at 1280x720 60hz (both monitors are running at 1920x1080 144hz).

I tried changing the Display port between the monitors and now it's the secondary monitor that works and my primary that has the limits. I checked for updatesuninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the driver (AMD software: Adrenalin edition). I also gave it a try with other cables and the HDMI ports, but nothing works. Nothing shows. It detects more monitors in the display settings, but the image is just not coming up.

Spec:
MSI650 TOMAHAWK
Ryzen R9 7900x
64GB 6000Mhz RAM
Rx 7900 XTX
Firecuda 512GB NVME SSD
PSU 80+ Platinum 1000W

I have been searching a few hours. Seeing what could be the cause of it, and have found limited info about it. And the help that was given there, was something i had already tried.

I'm getting really frustrated, so i hope someone knows a fix or can point me in a direction.

0 Likes
3 Replies
TheActualAcorn
Journeyman III

Quick update:

I tried turning it off entirely, power off on the PSU. Drained the power in the system and then booted it up again. Now it works. While i am happy about it, i would still like to hear others about the issue, and what it might have been the cause of it.

0 Likes
madwalker
Journeyman III

I had the same issue as you.

My solution is to turn off the AMD FreeSync Premium in the display options and set the Color Depth to 8 bpc

0 Likes
ForIdent
Adept II

I have a complete PC crash with VGA LED on the motherboard while playing Forza Horizon 5 while streaming + AMD Noise Suppression.
DisplayPort 2 and 3 are dead if I try them after the crash. But the DP1 works. I am amazed by this **bleep**ty card

0 Likes