Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ShyDaddy
Journeyman III

7900 XT Vertical Display not showing mouse UI correctly

I've found a better solution to this issue then what was reported here:
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900xt-issues-with-mouse-on-2nd-monitor-in-portrait/m-...

After testing in completely different system I was unable to replicate the issue, this system was connected to one Dell 27" via DP and an LG 24" via HDMI to VGA.

After testing on the other system I returned the GPU to my main system and plugged in my 3 monitors via DP and the issue was persisting again. After changing out the DP cable on the monitor in the vertical position I was no longer able to replicate the issue didn't need to use "pointer trails" on my mouse for it to display correctly. 

This still seems like an weird issue that no one should have to deal with when buying a brand new GPU that isn't cheap... also not sure if this is some kind of limitation of DP but this happens on 2 or 3 monitor setups on my main machine and the person in the original post also had DP and HDMI to DVI and it wouldn't work. This sounds like something that AMD needs to look into more and test so that these issues don't keep happening to other people.

0 Likes
0 Replies