cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nazrex
Adept I

7800X3D "Not Supported" by latest Adrenaline???

7800x3d-adrenalin.jpg7800x3d-adrenalin2.jpg158640-83937b5b7e37445f2a787ab7b246dc98.gif

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nazrex
Adept I

Found the solution.

It was the IGP setting in the bios assigning priority to the external video card; which disabled the CPU's embedded graphics.   Enabling the IGP, now allows me to have both graphics installed in Windows... which I originally thought changing that setting to assign priority to the IGP would just kill off the external GPU... it didn't.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Nazrex
Adept I

For the record, what I'm trying to do is...

I currently have an Intel ARC A770 video card.

It wont run certain older games, one specific that annoys me is that it won't launch Fallout New Vegas.

If I take the Intel GPU out, and re-install an older Radeon RX 580 .. these games run perfect.

Wipe drivers, reinstall Intel A770... old games don't launch again.

So I considered keeping the RX 580 installed as a second GPU and just swap between the two, but then someone suggested that I just dont use the RX 580 and wipe its Radeon drivers; and instead that I install the drivers for the integrated graphics for the 7800X3D CPU that I have; and just run the old games off that, which would likely be better then keeping the RX 580 on the side.

Well old Radeon/AMD GPU drivers have been wiped via DDU...

But now when I go to AMD's driver download site and download the latest recommended drivers for the 7800X3D; and attempt to install them... I get that Error 182, telling me that my installed AMD hardware is not supported by the software I'm trying to install.

ALSO, I should say that, clicking on the "Get more details" takes me to a page on AMD's website that advises that I look for a driver for "embedded graphics" which... in turn...

Takes me back to the same driver download page from the FIRST image!

So, again...

WUT?

0 Likes
Nazrex
Adept I

Found the solution.

It was the IGP setting in the bios assigning priority to the external video card; which disabled the CPU's embedded graphics.   Enabling the IGP, now allows me to have both graphics installed in Windows... which I originally thought changing that setting to assign priority to the IGP would just kill off the external GPU... it didn't.

0 Likes