cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

macog
Journeyman III

6600 Can Hardly Run Games, Extreme Lag

I recently have been trying to play Overwatch2 but cannot even really play the game. It lags very intensely, and the FPS clearly drops dramatically often. If it doesn't, there are strong lag spikes and it makes the game unplayable, despite having my graphics settings on competitive settings. Sometimes Ill wait when I log on as others suggested, but it doesnt really help it just says its at 130fps but its stuttering and not smooth at all. It used to be a bit better but with bad, but very occasional lag spikes, but now its unplayable.

Im not sure what to do anymore, I bought the 6600 recently moving from Nvidia but this is awful and, despite being an "upgrade", is performing much worse than the 1650 super I had. Im not proficient on drivers but I followed all the instructions on deleting my old drivers and reinstalling Adrenaline from the computer store which I did and the game is quite awful now. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
jsk68
Challenger

You need to run DDU, remove all Nvidia and Amd drivers then reinstall the Amd drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-tags/download-ddu.html

So i did this at the rec of the local computer store, the only drivers i downloaded though were through Adrenaline (this is the advice they gave me) - are there other or more? 

0 Likes

That should be fine, the main thing to take away is the old nvidia drivers conflict with the Radeon drivers, so once they are completely removed it should fix your problem.

Years ago I switched from nvidia to amd and had nothing but problems, I tried everything but in the end I had to re-install windows to fix it.

I hope you don't have to go that route, but if DDU can't fix your issue you may have to.

0 Likes