cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mertbjkmert
Adept I

6000 Series driver uptades

Did i miss something or AMD forgot they have 6000 series graphic cards, there was 2 uptade and didnt rolled for 6000 series. I kinda lost faith on the idea of FSR3 coming to graphic cards other than 7000s

12 Replies
CGC
Adept II

I'm also waiting for a driver update for the RX 6800, but I doubt it will come out. It looks like amd has stopped supporting the 6000 series.

gennaz
0 Likes
Jayy_R7
Adept II

i dont think so there are still more issues that 6000 series have and 5000 series there will be a update dont think they just drop 6000 series and 5000 series like that nvidia still keeping 10 series going even tho there like good couple of years old i think if amd did drop 6000 and 5000 they will receive a lot of backlash 

Then why is there still no new driver for the 6000 series, and three versions have already been released for the 7000 series.

gennaz
0 Likes

because the 7000 series just released not long ago and there was a issue the drivers for it dont  worry 6000 and 5000 will get the drivers just wait im using latest driver 22.11.2 on 6650xt and its fine

0 Likes
Flyfisherman
Challenger

Yeah I also posted a thread about the same question a week ago:
When can we expect a new release after ver 22.11.2

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes
pichurri
Adept I

Amd will continue supporting Radeon 6000 for a long time, don't worry and be patient, lastest drivers are not perfect but they work quite well.

The remake of Dead Space has already been released, and there is no driver for it yet!

gennaz

Well I'm sure you can play dead space with older drivers. I was playing Forspoken using 2021 drivers and it ran perfectly fine. New drivers aren't always the best solution. 

I am waiting for FSR3 for my 5000 and 6000 cards.

macxd
Adept II

My total guess is the 6000 series cards with get driver closer to march maybe even april, while 7000 will have new drivers near Feb 1st. 

I think we have to come to terms that the differences between the 7000 and 6000 no longer allow one driver package and AMD doesn't have the resources or i think the skilled labour for monthly releases for both. 

Can you imagine being a nvidia pleb with continuous monthly drivers for all their cards, so glad i didn't buy into that mess.

0 Likes

Well i only use workstation GPU's and we have to wait 2-3 months to get new drivers. I just want some updated improvements on new opengl code in the next driver and FSR3 for 5000 and 6000 series, that's all i want from new drivers. 

I'm using a 2021 driver and everything is working perfectly fine.

0 Likes

Since we're all spouting off random ideas about the driver releases, here's mine.

They just came out with new GPUs and need to make sure they're performing to spec, meanwhile, they have been releasing a series of drivers for about 6 months for the older GPUs that haven't really fixed a number of issues during all that time. So rather than add support for the older GPUs to the newer drivers that would still not have fixed those issues, they simply focus on the newer GPUs. Avoiding posts of, hey, this still isn't fixed, what gives!?

Also in the background I imagine they are working on the new Adrenalin they talked about a month or so ago that would allow all of the different AMD features to actually work at the same time.

But hey, maybe you and the other guys are right and they just plum don't intend to support GPUs longer than a year or two now, cause that makes sense.

Anyway, that's just my crazy theory. =P

It just wasn't like that before and drivers were released for all supported video card series.

gennaz
0 Likes