cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pumuckl
Journeyman III

4k @ 120Hz gone? 5700XT, LG 77C17

I had to get a new ssd and reinstall my gaming setup in the living room. For the last 2 years I have used 4k@120Hz or 4k@60Hz if I wanted to watch something in HDR with this setup. Now after the reinstall 120Hz @ 4k is gone?

No matter if I activate or deactivate deep color on the tv or if I change the pixel format in the amd driver to 4:2:0, I cannot get 120Hz anymore. It is not even listed in the available modes.

I am on 22.11.2 but I also tried 22.9.1 and 22.4.2. but that did not seem to make a difference. The TV is on firmware 03.34.55.

Any ideas apart from cables and the fact that the output is HDMI 2.0b?

Best regards,

Christian

0 Likes
2 Replies
xTimmyx
Adept I

and going into the "display settings" on windows, won't work for you?   if you go into that, and then at the bottom of that window is advanced display settings, from there you should be able to change it to 120hz.  Also, upgrade to a HDMI 2.1 cable to a max of 10ft, other wise anything longer than that you'll need to get an "Active" HDMI 2.1 Cable.   

0 Likes
Pumuckl
Journeyman III

...if it were that easy I would not have posted here. 4k@120Hz is nowhere to be found, not even in the adapter properties under all modes.

As I already said, do not worry about my cable. It is short enough and has been working without any issues for almost 2 years.

0 Likes