Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

aori
Journeyman III

ROCm not working with my rx580

Ok so hello everyone!
I recently bought an RX580 and I need it to work with Blender + Cycles. I did some research and found a video where a person made it work with Ubuntu through ROCM and - instead of following along his video I went straight to the AMD site and followed the instructions there.

But either my gpu is not supported anymore or I'm doing something wrong. Cause when I finish the ROCM setup as stated on the Quick-start install guide, my blender 4.0 still says HIP isn't supported. And when I follow the Installation via AMDGPU installer when I click on the HIP option in blender it simply crashes.

I figured I should show you what I'm doing so you can guide me better. So here's the output of my terminal with the quick-guide on a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS:

https://bin.garudalinux.org/?cc20127574006023#2gDqjEzz1ftqQ8hjSQqTfEjJznYjERPeXA12uDgAh3KX

In this case, blender didn't crash, it simply said to me there was no support for hip for my gpu.
So if there is any hope to this particular case, please let me know. I really need to work with blender and look, this GPU is brand new, it gotta work with me xD why is blender the ONLY app giving me a headache with this??? Aaaagh

Thanks for the time you spent reading and thinking with me : 3
Any help and idea is appreciated!

0 Likes
0 Replies