cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

In
Adept I

My Monitor was previously 144hz but now is 100hz after adding a monitor.

I need help.

My monitor that was previously 144 hz randomly changed to 100hz after an additional monitor was added.

I've tried to go to Settings, Display, Advanced Display Settings and change it but there is not an option above 144hz. The second monitor was not affected and is the refresh rate it should be I disconnected the second monitor to see if disconnecting it would restore my first monitors refresh rate and it was still at 100hz unable to go past it. The first monitor is using a HDMI 2.1, While my second monitor is using a Display Port.

PC Specs : GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x, Motherboard: B450M DS3H, Ram: 2x16gb Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro, Power Supply: Some Random 800w Power Supply.   

0 Likes
1 Solution
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

@In 

Did you move the display cable to the second, new monitor? If so, that's your probably right there. I'm like 99% sure the HDMI cable doesn't support the 144Hz and you'll need another display cable that can output the 144Hz. I have two Acer monitors and the only way to get 144Hz and 170Hz, I need to use a display cable or else I won't get those speeds with HDMI. I'm pretty sure that's the hiccup in your case, too. Report back and let us know.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

@In 

Did you move the display cable to the second, new monitor? If so, that's your probably right there. I'm like 99% sure the HDMI cable doesn't support the 144Hz and you'll need another display cable that can output the 144Hz. I have two Acer monitors and the only way to get 144Hz and 170Hz, I need to use a display cable or else I won't get those speeds with HDMI. I'm pretty sure that's the hiccup in your case, too. Report back and let us know.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

I happened to have bought 2 of the same monitors when i got that new one and only 1 of them could fit on my desk. they came with display ports so I replaced the HDMI with a display port and it worked! Thanks very much @GreatnessRD .

@In 

No problem! Glad we got it situated, homie. Enjoy!

0 Likes
masti2
Journeyman III

Easy! Thank you, homie. Enjoy!

Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 Black, AMD 6800XT Midnight Black, MSI B550 Gaming Plus
A WD SN550 1TB/860 Evo 500GB + Be Quiet 802 Silent Base | Corsair Dominator 32GB 4x8

0 Likes

@In nice pfp

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
0 Likes

Thanks I panicked and made it Walter White, I just happened to have him in my files.

0 Likes