cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: July

Hey Red Team, another month, another chance at winning! 

Enter now for your chance to win a Ryzen™ 7 2700!

Ashley_AMD_0-1656685928870.jpeg

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi.

Example reply:

“Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The July Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Friday, July 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Sunday, July 31, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit  Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
72 Replies
dcslatter
Adept II

I built my first computer in 1974, a Z80. I had to solder every chip to all 7 boards and write my own drivers.

I am also the IDIOT that said "Who needs more that 64K of memory".

From 1974 to now, there has only been 1 reason to upgrade any computer.

To play a new game!

I had some luck in that I conned my dad into buying an Heathkit H-8. Good support from the ARRL and interesting things in Byte Magazine to actually help me get some use out of it. 

Vynski
Exemplar

Have a Ryzen 7 2700 in one of my desktops and it is as stable as a rock.

I do wish that AMD would fix the problem with the GEN 2 CPU not recognizing the M.2 2800 4x4 NVMe if at all possible.  I guess the simplest solution is an upgrade to GEN 3 CPU.

Good luck everyone!

Even though it is a GEN 2 CPU it is probably one of the most solid on the market.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Subsilent00
Adept III

I'm currently playing Total War Warhammer 3 right now. I'd like to have an AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT graphics card for a new build. Thanks for the outstanding giveaway each month, AMD!

Ekelekuele
Adept II

How lucky it was for the guy who won the 6900 XT limited edition, guess we'll have to stick with what we have lol, good luck to everyone this month!
neon
Miniboss

This is a nice 8-core CPU that would make a strong heart for a new system. Good luck Red Team!

darkchewie
Adept II

Thanks for the giveaway, and have a great weekend this weekend, especially those celebrating Independence Day!

Anybody looking forward to Amazon's Prime Day?  Hoping there are some decent deals on PC parts so I can do a few upgrades (namely nvme ssds, possibly more ram) and squeak out a bit more performance to last a few more years before its that time for a new build.

Pepe1
Adept II

Good CPU. Ideal for upgrading the PC.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

If I can win a prize I would be most grateful.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
apstwitch
Adept III

Nice 8 core /16 threads and only 65W

I got my first PC back in spring of 1997. I remember that clearly because my mom had asked the salesman if it came with Windows 97. I also recall that it had a whole 16MB of RAM and a 1.5TB hard drive. In my current PC I could easily store the entire contents of my first hard drive 15 times over and still have plenty of room to play a modern video game. The tech may have changed, but my interest in computers has still remained.

Mption
Adept II

a bit burnt still on games, but playing ftl still, can catching up on shows, hitting the star trek stuff on paramount at the moment.

-PP-
Adept I

I know I have done wrong last try.

I was going to post my rig & will let it go at this and buff text later IF it seems I can post.

Yor looking at a EK cooler on top of a R9 5950X

Real android picture posting trouble with the AMD bulletin board archaisms.

I so apologized to find I needed Google Drive aka the URL for you all!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WX6WrMU0-4kwkBALWTMwNWmddGi9bKYm/view?usp=drivesdk

greydog5
Adept II

My First was a AMD Atholon 4 FM2+ 

FMB
Seansterp
Adept I

A 2700? Not a 3800x or even a 5600x? Why from 3 generations ago?

dnehiba3
Adept II

One of these times!!!

rdenmon
Challenger

This would be nice, but i am losing hope for a win!

guskline
Adept III

A solid cpu. I have a 2700x.

tekasza
Adept II

My 7-year-old laptop has some serious issues, so I'm going to need a replacement. I don't need the mobility of the laptop anymore, so this would be perfect for a new build. I already love the 2700X that's in my workstation.

bsp2020
Challenger

Another month, another chance to win.

gabrielpike
Adept II

This would sure beat my old 1600. Good luck everyone.

Any chance for free stuff is great, shrinkflation is real and hitting us hard. Gotta upgrade my kid's box; even high school is going online these days!

LFaWolf
Adept II

I am in, thank you! for the opportunity!

wheelzup
Adept I

I've been so busy the last few weeks and haven't had much time to play any games. Now it's the July 4th weekend I've gone crazy as the Monk in Diablo 3. Once you reach level 70 some interesting items show up while playing in the adventure and bounties mode. He can be very nasty 🙃

ThreeDee
Paragon

I had one of these a bit ago .. upgraded from my first Ryzen 1700 to the 2700x .. aside from a bit of memory incompatibility (could only run 4x8GB 3200 sticks at 2833 and could only run 2x16gb 3000 rated sticks at same 2833) .. it was a great chip 

ThreeDee PC specs
TR2
Adept III

Good CPU.  A good addition to any build.  AMD always a good choice.

clarks_nyc
Adept I

Hmm, My B450M board will accept this after a BIOS update. 😁

waasshhoooooo lets GO!! AMD!! ....

tolcheen
Adept II

I got a 3700X, so can we make this a 5700X instead?

XelaVo581
Adept II

hi

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts

Oh hello there,

my most loved AMD part was an HD 4850, such a trustworthy product. However, my first own AMD SKU was a K6-2 with 350 Mhz 😄

Good luck to everyone, and please consider this to be a worldwide thing 😉

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I am deeply depressed that I didn't win the 6900 XT, but I'm happy for the winner however, lol.

Also, wad-up doe

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
niobiss
Adept I

This would really nice to win. I'm in. 

venaur
Elite

Currently playing Wildermyth and it is awesome! 😄

UnclePickle
Adept I

Daddy like

joebangles
Adept III

this would be great for that B450-based Windows 7 build I'm looking for.  I think this is the pinnacle of 2nd gen Ryzen, which is the last gasp for windows 7 support. Even better than the Ryzen 1800x I'm running with currently (but on windows 10)

Mist4ke
Journeyman III

Heeey!