Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: February – Featuring a Ryzen 7 7700X

1835699_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweeps_FNL.jpg

Hey Red Team, 

Hope you all are staying warm if you're somewhere experiencing cold weather! We are bringing the heat this month by giving you a shot at winning an AMD Ryzen™ 7 7700X CPU. Another chance at helping you work towards your AM5 build this year if you're planning for one! 

1761310-amd-ryzen-7-7000-series-PIB-angle-240x240.png

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you are a registered member and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with anything! Although it is not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us if you’re building a rig, the game you’re currently playing, or just say hi.

Example reply:

“Hi! I just upgraded my GPU to an AMD Radeon 6900XT and I'm loving the boost it gave to my rig."

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 2/28/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Amber_AMD_1-1675349218977.png

Amber

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
138 Replies

hi!

fean98
Adept III

It's getting cold up here too, -40F tomorrow with wind chill.

sjdgls
Adept II

Not building a new PC at moment, hope to build a mini PC.

Subsilent00
Adept III

Hello, Red Team!

Always apply yourself and see what the outcome will be! Like this nice giveaway for one! Thanks, AMD! Always innovate too!

bobpi
Adept III

I would love to upgrade this system. I am still using a FX9370 on Windows 7 for my main machine. I am wondering though, has anyone tamed privacy and security on Windows 11 yet? Also, are there ways to make Windows 11 interface more like Windows  7?

Unless I win this or another AM5 CPU, I am thinking about just building an AM4 system for now since it is cheaper. I am interested in any thoughts about the best AM4 components to do so.

I like the Windows 11 desktop far better than Windows 7.. All I can say is "Try it, you'll like it".

I don't know what version of Win 7 your running or if it makes a difference, but I was and am on a couple of machines running Win 7 Pro.. I have been able to use the product keys from Win 7 to activate the Win 10 Pro OS.  From that point you can upgrade to Win 11.  In other words, I have 2 Windows 11 Pro desktops running on Windows 7 Product Keys.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
umnikke8
Adept II

Happy Ground Hog Day

jamesc359
Forerunner

I've just started playing the Dead Space remake and I have to say it is FANTASTIC. The devs did an amazing job with the graphics are gorgeous and extremely detailed. The sound is done extremely well too, every thump, bump, screech of machinery and necromorph strikes fear in your heart. The gameplay and level design is now seamless. In all ways imaginable they've done the original Dead Space justice.If you're on the fence about this game don't be. It's worth it.

Key-J
Paragon

Can't wait to see more AMD awesomeness in my PC... hopefully 😉

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
rtbh99
Challenger

this would be fun to have

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Moist
Adept III

Would love to win this and pair it with my 7900XTX currently waiting for Like a Dragon Ishin! to come out and will be playing that a ton.

jace2010
Adept II

yo

Here we go again 😄

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
juststew
Adept II

This would be a nice upgrade from my Ryzen 7 5800X

caerbannog
Adept III

Punxsutawney Phil has seen its shadow and therefore North Americans will experience six more weeks of winter for 2023.
While there has been no reliable correllation between the length of winter and the aforementioned groundhog seeing its shadow or not, I still find this silly tradition quite amusing.

sonuchi
Adept III

Ohh boy you spoil us, AMD. Good luck everyone! This will make up for the cost of the motherboards, no? 😅

kataztrophik
Adept II

Would be an amazing upgrade to my rig!

ajlueke
Grandmaster

I do have an AM5 board, but haven't committed to a processor yet.  

ThreeDee
Paragon

Example reply:

“Hi! I just upgraded my GPU to an AMD Radeon 6900XT and I'm loving the boost it gave to my rig."

.. actually .. I just copy and pasted from initial post because I lack imagination

ThreeDee PC specs
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I'd love to win this.  But, as an aside, I'd also love it if AMD would formally announce what's going on with the last generation's 6000 series graphics drivers.

mikagee
Adept II

Pizza Time

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I'm still building my Living PC. Would've been completed, but just had to put some monies into my car, so should be finished mid march. Current setup for the HTPC

• SAMA IM02 - mATX/mITX case
  • Ryzen 7 3700x

Still need a GPU, PSU and motherboard. The current motherboard I want has stayed out of stock, the MSI B550M Pro-VC at Newegg. But I may purchase from Amazon and use the $25 giftcard I have at newegg on a GPU. BUT since I didn't win the 7600x, perhaps I'll win this 7700x and upgrade to a better mobo.

*grin intensifies*

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

I think I'm going the wrong direction. LOL 

Check out my post below.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

One of my close friends is basing his build around this chip. I hope it works out for him considering he has never built a PC before.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Axxemann
Forerunner

Cool!

Performance over Pretty.
Mption
Adept II

Right now i am building a retro rig, with a athlon 1000, and an ATI(amd) Radeon 9550 to play old dos/win98 games.

dryden
Adept III

7600X in January, 7700X in February... I'm liking this progression. Will we see 7000 Series Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache? 😍 Thanks AMD!!

lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

Been playing a oldish online game that I've been playing all day every day lol , Mech warrior Online , Bought it when it first came out and haven't played it for like 10 years till now and loving it again .

I have tried and tried to get Mech Warrior 3 to run even on Windows 7.  Gave it a try on 10 and 11 with no luck.  I always loved that game and would like to be able to get it to work.  What version of Windows are you running it on?

I am running Age Of Empires Conquerors on Win11 and I've had StarCraft Broodwars running on Windows 10 but not 11.  Also running Command & Conquer 3 on 11.  

neon
Miniboss

Oh yeah! The 7700X is the CPU I want to build with next. Perfect balance of cores and performance.

theswweet
Adept II

I've recently been getting back into Final Fantasy XIV Ultimate raiding, and I've been greatly appreciating having 2 separate encoders on my 7900XTX. I can record in AV1 and stream in h264 without worrying about any encoding lag. It really is crazy how much better streaming with AMD cards has gotten in the last few months...

CallMeKap
Adept II

I've recently been enjoying Popup Dungeon, a fun little turn-based fantasy combat game with a cool papercraft aesthetic. 🙂

Vynski
Exemplar

Not building new.  Rebuilding old.  Upgraded my old Ryzen 7 2700+ to a Ryzen 5 5600 about 2 weeks ago.  Decided to rebuild the old 2700+ on the MSI X470 board I originally had it on.  I had to send that board in to have the BIOS fixed since I bricked it and it was still under warranty so the only cost was one way shipping.  I have a very old HIS 1600 GPU, an old 128GB Kingston Fury SSD (sata), a Corsair semi modular CX750M, and all I need now is my DDR4 RAM.  Plans are to get 32GB of GSKIL 3600 and do some RAM switching on 3 of my desktops.  Then I will install 16GB of 3200 RAM currently in my daily desktop on this new testing platform.

In the process of getting everything together for that build, I discovered that I had an old AM3 board with an Athlon 4200+ CPU.   I would need 2 sticks of RAM, I think they might be in that old FX 9590 machine that really doesn't need 48GB of RAM.  Will have to check that out, and I have a 2.5" 1TB HDD out of an old laptop I can use and see if I can get that thing to boot up.  I have 2 of the HIS 1600 GPU's so I should be good to go.

Anyway that is what I am going to be playing with for the next couple of weeks.

I also have to put a new set of tires on this ride;

4x5.jpg

Seems like a good plan to me, boss!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
azulyri
Adept III

Game I'm currently playing is the new Fire Emblem! Can't wait for Hogwarts Legacy next week!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I've just completed Windows updates on six machines.  I'm proud of myself.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
TheLostDrake
Adept II

AMD always coming in showing love and support for it's community and PC family! Good looking out! Wish everyone the best of luck and can't wait to see who wins!

drpluto
Adept III

nice processor

ilraffo
Journeyman III

hi