Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August - AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D Gaming Processor

2188203_Red_Team_Monthly Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

Hello Red Team, 

This August, you'll have the chance to win a AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X3D Gaming Processor bringing your PC the latest AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology. Learn more about these awesome gaming processors here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with the gaming you've recently dove into are excited to play next! 

Example reply:

"I recently started playing Diablo 4 and can't put it down, I've been playing the Sorcerer class and loved the campaign."

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, August 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 8/31/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
295 Replies
apstwitch
Adept III

Nice!!!

Belch
Adept I

Jagged Alliance 3 has had its hooks in me recently.

gonefishn
Adept II

Got sucked into the Remnant 2 game loop and about to lose my life to Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3...

umnikke8
Adept II

Hoping for a cool rainy day I could spend inside building a PC with this

ShamefulTunic
Adept II

My wife and I main Hunt showdown. I recently upgraded to the 5800X3D and it's made a significant difference, but my wife is still on her 2700X, so would love for her to get a free upgrade!

gotgrant
Adept III

Would love to play Diablo IV

scruff_01
Adept II

I've got back into minecraft checking out all the new changes and there are a ton of new things.

FIDAIN
Adept I

I would like to play STALKER 2

Eudicots
Adept III

I have recently started playing the new season of Diablo 4. I have made two characters a Rogue and a Necromancer. I have been leveling them up equally and have had a blast getting to world tier 3 so far. 

Snooz
Adept II

I'm currently playing remnant 1 and would like to play the new one "remnant 2" but it's not quite optimized yet, maybe this cpu could emprove my gaming experience 😄

sjdgls
Adept II

Don't play games.

BrainWasher
Adept I

I just purchased Alien Fireteam Elite! it would be great to have even more performance!

bcmurray
Adept II

I recently started playing Portal but it's affecting my motion sickness and can't play for more than a few minutes. Don't know why some games do that and others don't 😞

juststew
Adept II

I have recently gotten back into Cyberpunk 2077, and I am looking forward to the DLC in September. 

Yeah, I'm excited about the DLC and have been holding off on playing it again (Only 40hrs in so far) until the DLC reworks the skill trees et al and hopefully I have a VC better than my 3070 to run the Ray Tracing.

7600X CPU, B650 Mobo, RTX 4090
dcastellanos
Adept II

Wow, july went by so fast!

Recently I've been hooked with Red Dead Redemption 2, I forgot it came out in 2018 because the graphics are just incredible. 🤠

(P.S. I'm trying my best to be a good cowboy, hehe.)

I just finished Redfall last night just in time for the new season of COD DMZ to start. Also started the campaign for Diablo IV as well. So many games, so little time  😂

devinedragoon
Adept III

I've recently dove back in to Call of Duty and downloading the new season update for MW2 and This would be an insane update to my 2700x i've used for the last 4+ years and make the game run even smoother

yakyak
Adept II

I've been jumping around between Diablo 4 and Battlebit lately. Hoping maybe to join the next Tarkov wipe

papawshane
Adept II

Well, I dunno what I am looking for next but, I recently got Back 4 Blood, so I could co-op it with my grandson. I am on PC, he is on Xbox, and we've been having a blast! Co-op FPS games in general, so I can spend quality time with my grandson (I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Starfield when it releases though.)

ThreeDee
Paragon

Hmm .. I wonder how this CPU would do in my TrueNAS server .. 🤔

ThreeDee PC specs
lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

When my star link comes in because i'm sick of my TELUS hub (5g isn't all what's all cracked up too be} , I plan on grabbing D4 and gaming like a madman , when I have free time lol. I'm just hoping my PC can play it lol i'm like on the very thin line of maybe lol.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This CPU is a great prize.  I have the 5600X3D and it's also a very good gaming CPU.  As for gaming, I've been playing World of Tanks - Blitz.  It's not too complicated for my brain to handle.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
joebangles
Adept III

Recent gaming?

Same today as yesterday: Splitgate! Best shooter on the market, and it's free... More money for AMD hardware, eh?

kaitaloipa
Adept II

I am currently in that gaming zone where I have a ton of games installed and I'm jumping back and forth. For Dark Soulsy action I just started Jedi Last Survivor (playing with graphics settings on Epic in 4K w/o RT because I need a newer GPU) and I'm starting BG3 tomorrow along with everyone else. I've got about 40hrs in Cyberpunk 2077 but I stopped bcs I want to wait until I have a GPU that can do Ray Tracing really well and My wife and I are playing The Dark Pictures Anthology "Devil In Me" a little each night and it's not as good as The Quarry or House of Ashes from the same Genre.

TR2
Adept III

Well, I looked at a Hot Wheels game online and I have played Mahjong online. Does that count.

In the proper forum, I would enjoy gambling on both. 😂

CallMeKap
Adept II

The last game I just completed was Omno, a chill, beautiful, and dare I say magical little puzzle game.

I loved it, and found it to be a great way to unwind in the evenings and just get lost in another world for a while.

stilo2
Adept II

Hello community!

Recently started to play Train Sim World 3 and the game is awesome, I just like trains and good graphics 🙂

spinalfailed
Challenger

This would go fantastically with Julys offering! 🤔😁 I've been lost to Cyberpunk 2077 the past couple weeks. I waited for many of the fixes to get in to it and now I can't quit it! It really is a great game. I have about 52 hours in it so far on my first playthrough as a nomad.

In other news, Amber there is a typo in the announcement in case others haven't pointed it out. If they have, well have 1 more notification! haha 

The July Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time.

July should be August.  

Thank you friend! I missed that, but have adjusted 🙂 Appreciate it! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
fean98
Adept III

I have to turn off my computer to afford AC for August, KWh / day and all... or I'll melt the powerlines.

Fliotarasso
Adept I

I got into Apex legends and Cyberpunk 2077 recently before my pc surged two weeks ago. I had a blast though! Now I'm playing Fallout new vegas on this old laptop of mine, and i must say the "NCR" be looking like the faction for my playthrough xd. 

UArend
rguerrero1984
Adept II

Just playing bunch of games with my brand new XFX RX 7600 Black Edition. Good support for 1080P and 1440P. For example I get 250+ FPS in CS GO 1440P

foppemike
Adept I

Just ordered an AMD Radeon 6950 XT to replace the RX 6600 I bought to get going in my Ryzen 7 5700X build. I have been getting into Forza Horizons 5 but CAN'T WAIT for Starfield. Part of the reason for the upgrade, also I think GPU prices have hit their bottom so I wanted to get mine before it goes up and you can't find them on AMD.com store. MY first build was an AMD K6-2 550 and have always been TEAM RED.

Vynski
Exemplar

Let me see here; I'm old so I play old games.  In fact I have to do some tinkering to get some to run on Windows 11.  So reinstalling these games is a night mare simply because I have to dig up what I did before to get them to run.  The 3 games I like to play most are 

• Age Of Empires 2 Conquerors edition with the Forgotten Empires patch.  Please don't ask!  This is some of the things I have to go through to get it work.
  • Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath.  I never could get it to work on Windows 10, but Windows 11 will run it fine.  I hope I can remember what I did to get it to work. lol😂
  • My favorite; StarCraft Brood Wars

I have one problem with AOE and CNC3 with them not recognizing FPS.  If anyone can shed some light on WHY, I would certainly appreciate it.  They both run fine but just won't post FPS.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
iafbt
Adept I

ooooooo that's really spicy!

I've recently been loving battlebit remastered! plays like good old bf3!

3950x, 6800xt. sempron fi
chadplusminus
Adept II

Recently started playing no man's sky, while waiting for starfield to release next month. 

eazydozer
Adept III

Been playing Diablo 4 and Rust. Both are fun.

johnny_cee
Adept II

I'm excited for the upcoming Talos Principle 2