Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Halloween Pumpkin Hunt

RedTeamPumpkinHuntxASUS_Banner_1.JPG

Hello Red Team!

Who’s up for a little Halloween challenge?

If you’ve checked out our recent newsletter, you’ll know we had something in store for you all, and we’re excited to share that we’ll be hosting a virtual challenge we're calling the Red Team Pumpkin Hunt* for Halloween! Starting at 12:00 pm CST on Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, you have 24 hours to find a few “hidden pumpkins” (i.e. easter eggs) scattered throughout the Red Team Community page (RTCP). Finding them may be easy once you realize how they’re hidden – but solving (hint: answering) the puzzles won’t be a breeze!

And what's a challenge without a prize? Our awesome friends at ASUS have teamed up with us yet again and have kindly offered an ASUS TUF Gaming LC 240 ARGB all-in-one Liquid CPU Cooler and an ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 Mid-Tower Case to the lucky winner!

Here's how it works:

1.) You will have 24 hours to find the “hidden pumpkins” on the RTCP.

2.) To find the pumpkins, you’ll need to sweep through the RTCP and hover your mouse cursor over anything conspicuous. You’ll know when you find one! (For mobile, you’ll have to tap.) 

3.) Finding all the pumpkins will unveil something, and it’s up to you to piece together what it all means!

4.) To officially enter the contest, figure out what the pumpkins represent, solve them, and then send an email to community.moderator@amd.com with your answers.  

5.) The winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries on Nov. 2, 2022.

NOTE: All the answers can be found on various pages on AMD.com!

Please don’t share your answers with anyone! Let’s keep the tricks out of this even if it IS Halloween. 😊

We look forward to the fun on Oct. 31st, Red Team!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), 18 years or older, and members of the AMD Community Forum. Sweepstakes ends 11/01/2022. To enter and for Official Rules and Terms, including prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit https://community.amd.com/t5/sweeps-and-contest-rules/amd-red-team-pumpkin-hunt/ta-p/553376. Void where prohibited.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone!

We're so happy to see many of you participate in our Red Team Pumpkin Hunt and even more hyped to officially announce the winner!

As you all know, we randomly selected the winner out of all the entries, so please join me in giving a big congrats to @neon!

Thank you all again for playing, and we hope you all had a good time putting all the pieces together and answering the questions we had for you all. Also, a big shout out to our awesome partners at ASUS for collaborating with us on this!

We noticed the last question was the common decider in the qualifying entries (remember, you had to get all the questions right for your entry to count), and you can find the official answers below:

Remember, all of these answers came from sections of AMD.com and our community forum.

Keep an eye out this month and next for some more fun ideas we have cooking for you all!

pumpkin dance.gif

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

I'm ready!

Just to make sure, I am going to channel the best mystery solvers I know!

KeyJ_0-1666044355910.gif

I mean, at the end of the day. Go big or gourd home...

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Dodge-Gee
Journeyman III

To confirm as a member of AMD community forum, contest is not open to international areas like South Africa?

0 Likes

Unfortunately not as is outlined in the disclaimer. You must meet all criteria, including being a legal resident of US/Canada. On the bright side, even though you’re not eligible for an entry, you can still have a fun time trying to solve the challenge puzzle!

This is exciting. I'm looking forward to this!

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
Key-J
Paragon

Guys!

What is with all the advertising? Email blasts, social posts....

Now my chances go down 😞 💔 😛

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
filinux
Elite

Its NOT in the rules so I feel this must be asked!!  

Is it safe to assume that none of the hunted pumpkins will be harmed during this event?? 🙂 

Anyone who has ever seen me around a pumpkin pie knows what a hypocrite I am for even writing that in jest!! 

Happy Hunting & HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!  Parents of trick or treating children PLEASE have your children check their candy for safety BEFORE YOU start eating all of it.  🙂

These virtual pumpkins are A-OK!

Key-J
Paragon

tenor.gif

----------
0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team,

The Pumpkin Hunt is live for the next 24 hours!

To be sure no one shares any tips or solutions, we’ll be closing the comments for the duration of the contest. All the rules and guidelines are above, but if you happen to have any additional questions on how to play, please feel free to email us at community.moderator@amd.com.

Remember to circle back here on Nov. 2nd for the announcement of the lucky winner!

GLHF!

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone!

We're so happy to see many of you participate in our Red Team Pumpkin Hunt and even more hyped to officially announce the winner!

As you all know, we randomly selected the winner out of all the entries, so please join me in giving a big congrats to @neon!

Thank you all again for playing, and we hope you all had a good time putting all the pieces together and answering the questions we had for you all. Also, a big shout out to our awesome partners at ASUS for collaborating with us on this!

We noticed the last question was the common decider in the qualifying entries (remember, you had to get all the questions right for your entry to count), and you can find the official answers below:

Remember, all of these answers came from sections of AMD.com and our community forum.

Keep an eye out this month and next for some more fun ideas we have cooking for you all!

pumpkin dance.gif

Congratulations @neon! Enjoy those amazing ASUS items!

----------

Congratulations @neon.

I sporadically searched for 2-3 hours and never did find a pumpkin.  

Enjoy your prizes

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
neon
Miniboss

Wow! Thank you for the fun Pumpkin Hunt, and thanks also to Asus for the prizes. I am pleased to be selected the contest winner, and hope to put these parts to good use.

Now, on to the RDNA 3 presentation and the new Radeons - it's an exciting day!

❤️AMD Red Team

I wish I could make it sound like Post Malone as I type it but... 

Starting out as the Halloween Hunt winner today, now going on to check out the fuego RDNA tres, the whole RED TEAM happy everything is going my way, "Now they always say congratulations!!"  

CONGRATULATIONS!!  🙂  Enjoy & have F U N with the new hardware!!  

The Asus GT501 case and LC 240 ARGB cooler are here already! AMD managers slipped in these stickers, and a Red Team "dog tag" also. So cool! Thanks again to AMD and Asus.2022 Pumpkin Hunt loot.jpg

That is awesome, and super quick too! Congrats!

----------
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

We love to see it! Congrats again, @neon and thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun! Keep an eye out in November... 👀

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Congrats, @neon 😄 Hope you enjoy the goodies and have some fun upgrading/starting a new build! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord