Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Red Team Easter Egg Hunt

1967876_Banner_for_Red_Team_Easter_Egg_Hunt_Contest_1920x450.jpg

Easter is right around the corner, and we have an egg-cellent contest in store for you all!

Those of you who were part of the community since October of last year might remember the Red Team Halloween Pumpkin Hunt. If you missed it, don’t worry – you have another chance to enter a challenge just like it called the AMD Red Team Easter Egg Hunt, and it’s brought to you by our friends at MSI! They’ve been kind enough to supply an MPG X570S Edge Max Wi-Fi Motherboard for the grand prize winner, and a Vigor GK71 Sonic Blue Keyboard & Clutch GM51 Wireless Mouse to the runner-up!

Starting at 12:00 PM CST on Monday, April 10th, you’ll have 72 hours to find a few “easter eggs” scattered around the Red Team Community page (RTCP). Again, if you remember the pumpkin hunt, you know the drill here! If you’re new, here’s how it works:

• You have 72 hours to find the hidden easter eggs on the RTCP. Starting April 10 at 12:00 PM CST and ending April 13 at 12:00 PM CST.
  • To find them, you’ll need to sweep through the RTCP and hover your mouse cursor over anything conspicuous. You’ll know when you find one! (For mobile, you’ll have to tap.) 
  • Finding the eggs will unveil part of a clue, and it’s up to you put the pieces together and solve the puzzle (questions)!
  • To officially enter the contest: Figure out what the eggs represent, solve them, then send an email to community.moderator@amd.com with your answers.

Hint: All the answers can be found on various pages on the Red Team Community Page and the Red Team Community forum!

By the way, please don’t collaborate with anyone - the Easter Bunny may be watching…

Happy Hunting, Red Team!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older. Sweepstakes ends 4/13/2023. To enter and for Official Rules and Terms, including prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit https://community.amd.com/t5/sweeps-and-contest-rules/amd-red-team-easter-egg-hunt/ta-p/598079. Void where prohibited.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

EDIT: Congratulations to our Grand Prize winner @yakyak and our 2nd place winner @venaur!! Thanks again to all who joined in on the fun and as always, keep an eye out for more contests and giveaways in the future.

The contest is over, everyone! Thank you all so much for taking the time and joining us in the hunt. 

I'll be reviewing all the submissions and will reach out to our winners shortly. Those who participated, be sure to keep an eye on your PMs (if you have them enabled) or your email!

View solution in original post

31 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Interesting contest.  Happy Easter Egg hunting Red Team!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
blazer
Adept III

This would be fun if it was open to Canadian residents as well. 🙁

If you read the official rules - The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of CANADA, and the FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (including the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), (each an “Eligible Country”) Good Luck😀

I did read the official rules, and when I read them, They said open to legal residents of the  FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (including the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) but at the time it was first written, it did not include Canada. 🤔

As of 2140MDT, the rules state Canada as good to go.

Performance over Pretty.

Sorry for that hiccup! In the official rules, Canada is game! I've updated the footnote here to reflect that, but yes - all eligible participants are listed in the full-blown rules.

Thanks for the inclusion...eh!

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I've never been good at stuff like this, but I'll give it a go anyway.

I like my motherboard, but an upgrade is always nice, lol.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
ThreeDee
Paragon

Noice! Thanks AMD peeps and MSI for hookin' whoever wins up yo!!11

ThreeDee PC specs
soullodolo
Adept III

Sounds fun

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)

It starts today at 1 PM ET.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

that last question was a tricky one!

---
lets talk about rtbh99
jdm
Adept II

This looks like fun!

Thanks AMD, and also MSI for those prizes!

Key-J
Paragon

Excited to give it a go tonight! Was happy to play the Easter Bunny for my kids yesterday, so I'm down to be the one finding the eggs!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

The Hunt is Live until 12 PM CST, April 13th! Good Luck everyone! 

Remember, scan the page for anything that may stand out!

I'm a little late to the hunt, but I'm still going to try my luck.

0 Likes
venaur
Elite

This is fun but i am also stuck on one of the questions. Losing my mind!

Very cool Easter hunt. Thanks for the chance @Wally_AMD 🤗

Axxemann
Forerunner

So... I'm finding some very conspicuous stuff, but when I mouse over, all that shows up is a question mark... Am I doing something wrong?

Performance over Pretty.

Hover it over for a second 🙂

It took more like 4 seconds, but I see what's happening. I'll blame it on input lag!

Performance over Pretty.
deyelive
Adept II

Wow I was having no luck finding any over an hour...Realized the hard way having Night light mode makes a difference haha.

deyelive
Adept II

If I wasn't clear don't use any overlays while browsing RTCP (ie: Red moon on Android, Nightlight on Windows / Linux). Blue light exposure is the price to be paid in  the hunt for eggs...

Eudicots
Adept III

The last question seems the easiest, but it's the most brutal XD

Omek
Adept I

Wow, I'm completely lost. I found them, but I don't know what they mean.

dongjj1990
Adept I

need help with the last question

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

EDIT: Congratulations to our Grand Prize winner @yakyak and our 2nd place winner @venaur!! Thanks again to all who joined in on the fun and as always, keep an eye out for more contests and giveaways in the future.

The contest is over, everyone! Thank you all so much for taking the time and joining us in the hunt. 

I'll be reviewing all the submissions and will reach out to our winners shortly. Those who participated, be sure to keep an eye on your PMs (if you have them enabled) or your email!

This was a ton of fun! Thanks for hosting this event! 🙂

Grats winners, good job, I see @venaur all over the tech interweb, so its nice to see him win!

Vynski
Exemplar

Not another Easter egg hunt.  Or am I confusing this with a Great Pumpkin hunt.

Whatever.  I couldn't find any of the hidden goodies.

So GOOD LUCK to everyone that has the talent for these hunts.  I'm OUT.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Nice!! Congratulations @yakyak and @venaur 

😁