cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Poll - What Kind of Hardware are You Most Interested in Upgrading in 2023?

It’s the middle of May and time for another poll, Red Team. We want to learn more about the kind of hardware you’re most interested in upgrading in the future, so please take the time to participate!

You can vote by visiting the Off-Topic Discussions category, where you will find the poll on the right side of the page for web and at the bottom of the page for mobile users. Remember, you must be a registered user and logged in to vote!

Desktop ViewDesktop ViewMobile ViewMobile View

6 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

My poor Obsidian 450d really needs to be replaced... 

I was thinking that since ASUS took a heavy hit lately, they could lower the prices on a White RoG Helios.

LoooooL 

I know. Wishing too much! 

: D

The Englishman
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

I gotta say that I'm more than happy with my setup as is right now and into the foreseeable future. 

Even my old Rosewill Nighthawk Z case is keeping things nice and cool with 6 x 140mm fans

Only if something out and out dies on me, THEN I'll replace it .. maybe .. depending on what it is .. 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I am kind of in the same boat. I have two machines that do what they were built to do and really, so I can't really see a reason to upgrade, especially considering the choices in "Next Gen" GPUs are kind of lackluster.

The highest of the high end  is still quite overpriced. The MSRP for high end GPUs in 2016 counting for inflation should, right now, be roughly $900 at the most.

While I understand manufacturing costs have gone up, I don't see why the Nvidia charges 20%, and somecases more, comparing the 30 series to the 40 series MSRP. Gen on gen 6000 to 7000 series AMD is doing better, but the 7800 XT, which is what I would buy, has yet to be announced. 

I am not knocking the performance gains gen on gen. They are pretty remarkable, except the RTX 4070, which in most cases, matches the performance of my RX 6800 XT. The ray tracing of the RTX 4070 is better though. 

I am curious to see the RX 7800 XT amount of VRAM and ray tracing performance. 

All this said, I still won't need to replace my RX 6800 XT or my 5700X for quite a while. 

I do want to upgrade my setup though. I would like one of those solid oak table tops. I am kind of a sucker for wood grain. 

EDIT: I do need more RAM in my server/HTPC. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

im thinking about a case swap to give myself a few months of projects modding it, or maybe a new keyboard

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

Can you pick multiple options? My builds always devolve into a Work In Progress. Case in point: I did the platform back in September, the GPU showed up in April. Now I need a bigger case, better cooling and more power. While I'm at it, I might as well double my RAM and get my hands on a 5800X3D. And then there's all the peripherals: New monitor, new keyboard (I'm thinking really hard about going to a mechanical) and maybe a new gaming mouse that doesn't require resource-hogging software to run at full potential like Razer's does.

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
vergil_dmc_409
Journeyman III

I want to upgrade my CPU and get a graphics card. Right now I run a AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with no graphic card. Due to the crazy graphics card pricing over the last couple years I went with a APU processor and no graphics card. Now the prices are within reason,  I hope to make the upgrade this year.

0 Likes