cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

New to the Community? Introduce Yourself!

Hey Red Team, 

Recently, @petosiris came up with the idea to have a dedicated thread for members to introduce themselves and get to know one another. I LOVED that! 

So, moving forward this post will be the dedicated place to comment and get to know one another - especially if you're new to the community. 😍  You may be thinking, what do I even tell people about myself? Don't worry, I went ahead and created some thought starters you can copy/choose from below: 

• What's your favorite video game you're currently playing? 
  • Favorite food? 
  • Are you a PC or laptop gamer? 
  • Are you a dog or a cat person? 
  • What hobbies do you have?
  • What was your first car?

Of course if you don't like any of those questions, you can share your own fun facts or any story you'd like. Have fun with it and I can't wait to get to know you all a little more. 🤗

giphy.gif

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
123 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

You all may have seen my answers to some of these questions on the meet the team post, but thought I would kick off this post for fun 🙂 

• My gaming life has stayed consistent and I am still playing League of Legends haha. 
  • Favorite food? 
    • Tacos. It will always be tacos. 
    • PC Gamer all the way! And I even built mine with the help of @Sam_AMD 
    • So I've ALWAYS been a dog person until I got a cat and he's basically part dog too. So I would say primarily dogs but kitties have a special place in my heart too 🙂 
    • Legos, drawing, paint by numbers, gem art, plants, hanging with my doggos + kitty, and of course playing videos games (PC, Xbox, (Soon to be a PS5 girlie) and Nintendo Switch)
    • A white 2003 Ford Mustang and I did indeed put pink lettering on the bumper that said Mustang.
Best,
Your friend at AMD

giphy.gif

No, I did not. 🤣

Best,
Your friend at AMD

• What's your favorite video game you're currently playing? Back 4 Blood. 
  • Favorite food? Baby back ribs. Get in my Belly. 
  • Are you a PC or laptop gamer? PC & Xbox mostly.
  • Are you a dog or a cat person? Dog, cat, and budgie combo ftw. 
  • What hobbies do you have? I like to read, and cook.
  • What was your first car? a buick.
jamesc359
Forerunner

Where are you from?
Idaho

What's your favorite video game you're currently playing?
Currently I'm between games. My favorite game of all time was The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Favorite food?
Is ice cream a food?!

Are you a PC or laptop gamer?
PC gamer through and through. However I have a soft spot for Nintendo's consoles and games.

Are you a dog or a cat person?
I've always had cats, but I'm more of a pet rock kind of person. They don't get upset when you forget to feed them!

What hobbies do you have?

I'm a PC enthusiast that dabbles in programming and plays video games. Outside of that I'm into amateur photography.

What was your first car?
My first car was a green 1999 Pontiac Bonneville.

petosiris
Miniboss

Me.pngThank you, Amber!  Happy to meet you all!  😊

I've been part of Red Team for several years (wasn't it called Team Red earlier?) but have been away for some time until I returned here around March 28th this year.  So you can say I'm new! 😉  There are many here I don't know but would like to know better.

My name is Bjørn Sandåker (Bjorn) and I'm an oldtimer from Norway, Scandinavia.  I'm a retired developer (although I still program a little from time to time) who've worked both as an in-house developer for many years and later in my own company.

I live alone at the country side with my cat.  My wife died almost six years ago now and I miss her terribly but I also like to be single now.  I like living here because it's quiet, secluded, fresh air, and I can see wild animals right outside the window.  Although I had to wait until last year to get a fiber connection to Internet ...

As for PC's I'm an end-user nowadays.  I play a few video games but are picky about the type of games I want to play and so I'm not a typical gamer.  I'm building a new PC now.  As soon as the RAM I've ordered is in my mailbox I'll complete the build.  As for the games I want to play, I'm mostly interested in space games like Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous.  I also want to check out X4: Foundations, EverSpace 2, and maybe a few others.  

• Star Citizen (SC).  I try out some other games from time to time but SC is special and is my all-time favorite.
  • Favorite food? 
    • Lutefisk (at Christmas).
    • PC.  I want the extra performance for less money and easyness of changing parts when they get too old.
    • I guess I'm a cat person because I've had 5 cats in the last 21 years, but I always wanted to have a dog too.  Or a rabbit, bird or whatever.  I love animals.
    • Animals, nature & environment, crypto coins, genealogy, programming, gaming, reading, writing, amateur astronomy
    • A red Fiat 850.  Don't remember the model year but probably late 60's or early 70's.  I bought it in 1978.

My gaming chair:

sim-chair_20190928_180227.jpg

sim-chair 20190928_175901.jpg

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

It's so nice to put a face to the name! Thanks for sharing all these great things about yourself, Petosiris. 

But most importantly, I wanted to send my condolences and I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet wife. Wishing you all the peace, comfort, and courage. 

Separately, that is the most serious gaming chair I have ever seen! I'm sure that chair has seen some serious Wins!! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Hey @petosiris, from one old timer to another.  I noticed that you like the space games quite a bit.  Now I'm not familiar with any of these you mentioned.  Have you ever tried HomeWorld by Sierra, released in 1999.  It is truly one of the first 3D games I have ever played.  Frustrated the H*** out of me because I get LOST IN SPACE!  Not only do you have to consider the X and Y coordinates but have to be aware of the Z coordinates as well.  Many times I have ventured to attack the enemy on the radar only to find out that when I should be in contact with them they are no where to be found, other than extremely far above me or below me.  I think you would really enjoy that game.  It has undergone many revisions and is now marketed as HomeWorld Remastered.  I have one of the original copies.

Like @Amber_AMD replied, That is one serious gaming chair.  Do you have a force feedback racing steering wheel to go with it?  I have a Logitech Wingman but the peddles keep sliding out from under your feet.

I guess I'm going to have to get my mug shot selfie up now that I know what you look like.  

You also have my condolences on the passing of your wife.  My wife and I will be celebrating our 47th in September.  Don't know what I'd do without her.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Hi @Vynski,

Hey @petosiris, from one old timer to another.  I noticed that you like the space games quite a bit.  Now I'm not familiar with any of these you mentioned.

You should check out Star Citizen (SC).  It's not released yet but you can play it for free during its many Free-Fly Weeks.  SC will be a game changer, literally speaking, because it's different from other games and the creators have accomplished technical things that's really stunning.  You may remember Chris Roberts from the Wing Commander series, which is the lead creator of SC and the CEO of Cloud Imperior Games (CIG).

Have you ever tried HomeWorld by Sierra, released in 1999.  It is truly one of the first 3D games I have ever played.   

I think you would really enjoy that game.  It has undergone many revisions and is now marketed as HomeWorld Remastered.  I have one of the original copies.

No, I haven't played it but it sounds fun.  I'll have to look into it.  Thanks for the tip! 👍

Like @Amber_AMD replied, That is one serious gaming chair.  Do you have a force feedback racing steering wheel to go with it?  I have a Logitech Wingman but the peddles keep sliding out from under your feet.

I was really lucky to know the right person with connections, to obtain this gaming chair.  He works as an electrician and sometimes on ships, so when they wanted to replace some "old" chairs for new ones he offered to take the old chairs.

No, I don't have a steering wheel for racing (yet) because I seldom play racing games, but sooner or later I'll probably buy one of those too.  I did buy a few racing games on GOG.com but haven't played them yet so they are in my library for now.  😅

I guess I'm going to have to get my mug shot selfie up now that I know what you look like.  

You should.  👍

You also have my condolences on the passing of your wife.  My wife and I will be celebrating our 47th in September.  Don't know what I'd do without her.

Thanks!  Happy anniversay to you both, in advance!   Yes, it's lonely without the wife and it's only after you lose her that you realize what she really meant to you.  So I wish you both a happy and a continued long life together!

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

This is a great idea! I love learning more about this awesome community.

• Dead Space (remake)!
  • Favorite food? 
    • Pho or maybe dim sum... mmmmm. 
    • PC master race!
    • Dogs all the way. This isn't even up for debate! (I'm allergic to cats...)
    • I enjoy collecting and listening to vinyl. I'm also slowly learning guitar, and like to draw/doodle/paint when I feel motivated enough to do so, heh.
    • A 2006 Chevy Colorado. It only sat two people and water would leak in whenever it rained. I also installed an alarm, but they must've done something wrong because that alarm drained my battery at least once a week...
Axxemann
Forerunner

Arright... FINE. I'll play along too.

• I've been no-lifing Rogue Company lately. Halo (any of the PC ports from MCC and Infinite) is number 2.
  • Favorite food? 
    • Meat cooked over fire. Grilled steak. Low & Slow baby back ribs... you name it. If it has fur or feathers, I'll find a way to cook it over fire.
    • PC Master Race. The last console I had was an original Xbox. Never really used it much.
    • Dogs for sure. But a couple years ago this one particular stray cat decided to pick me as his human. He's been driving me nuts ever since.
    • Hunting, shooting, motorcycles (Can't do much of those these days due to a back injury and bad hips) and perfecting my barbecue recipes.
    • A 1983 GMC S-15 Jimmy 4x4. I had many an adventure in that little truck.
Performance over Pretty.
petosiris
Miniboss

Thanks, @Amber_AMD!  And thank you for your sympathy and kindness. 

The gaming chair is actually from the bridge of a real ship, MS Dronningen (The Queen), which sails as a ferry in the inner Oslofjord.  These ship chairs are very comfortable, because of union demands since the bridge crew will sit most of the day, and they cost new somewhere north of $5,000 each.  I got it cheap though and then had a friend rebuild it for me with joystick, throttle, armrests, pedals, and 2x Android pads, where I'll run two different views of GameGlass

I'll also use VoiceAttack for vocal commands with Voice Pack for Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous, like "Engine on!", "Raise landing gear!", and so on.  No macros, because that's cheating -- depending on what the commands are.

Best,
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm not even sure if I did a first post... 😶

I'm your favorite, or not, Local IT. You can always reach out for me, no ticket needed!
I started really early on tech and had the chance to scavenge parts from local shops for the "first pc", which was AMD. The first modern computer (actually a pre-built) I had, was a Pentium 166, also my first overlocked computer.
Had them all Intel, Cyrix and AMD. On the graphics side: S3, Cirrus Logic, Matrox, Ati/AMD and nvidia. Sadly, I did not owned a 3dfx Voodoo. I also ran Apple computers (oh the Blasphemy...)
I also have a mini micro youtube channel

johnnyenglish_0-1650670332806.png

System Shock 2>Deus Ex>NieR Automata - I always come back to them
  • Favorite food?
    Sushi? 
    PC, lots of PC's - Laptop for work only, kind of...
    Cat. Had a really good friend for 18 Years, almost half of my life. 
    Content Creator, Airsoft, Kayak and ran a Car Community
    Ford Puma - The car that "revived" Steve McQueen and which I completely modd'ed for more power

The Englishman

• Recently been playing a lot of Diablo 3 and Dreamlight valley
  • Favorite food? 
    • cheesecake
    • a laptop is a PC technically in a different form factor. I usually game on my desktop, but sometimes on my laptop
    • I have two Rottweilers.  
    • besides gaming? Reading
    • a Saturn SL1
Key-J
Paragon

Hey Everyone, always happy to introduce myself and meet new people in this fantastic community!

• What's your favourite video game you're currently playing?
    • I would have to say DMZ from Modern Warfare 2. It is a super fun PvPvE Looter/Shooter.
  • Favourite food?
    • Hard to choose a singular favourite, but I honestly am a sucker for good BBQ. 
    • PC Gamer. I used to have a Dell XPS back in like 2008 I used to game on, but since 2011 I have been a self-built PC gamer all the way!
    • I used to be a dog person but recently got a cat (which we had to unfortunately re-home 😞 ). However, those four months really made me love Cats and I would easily consider getting another one.
    • Outside of gaming and streaming, I would say my main hobbies are tennis and cooking! However, can't forget all the dad duties!
    • A little sus that this is a Security Question Question.... 🤔

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

@Key-J wrote:
    • A little sus that this is a Security Question Question.... 🤔

😁Spot on! 😁

The Englishman
Eudicots
Adept III

• I am really enjoying Crab Champions and Raft atm
  • Favorite food? 
    • This is hard. I would go with...mole
    • Both. Just depends where I am at
    • Dogs. Cats are just an invasive species
    • I love reading and writing. I mainly collect horror novels, but I am fine reading any genre.
    • None. I am probably too old to be saying this xD

I had to look up Crab Champions because... "Crab Champions"?? This looks insane! I might have to pick it up 😂

Also, any horror novel recommendations? It's one of my favorite genres to read.

I had to look it up too.  From ninja turtles to crabs?  I wonder how the crabs manage to pull the trigger on their guns, because they don't have any curling claws ... 🤔  Maybe they're mutant crabs or fire the guns by mind command.

Also, any horror novel recommendations? It's one of my favorite genres to read.

The only horror story that has stirred any fellings -- scary wise -- in me for decades is the Wardstones Chronicles by Joseph Delaney.  And then only the scenes where dead witches are crawling in the woods and grabbing people's feet.  Joseph Delaney is a good writer and these stories, set in the 19th century, are great.   I think there are 18 books (incl. spin-offs) in that series.  He's also written a follow-up series, called the Starblade Chronicles.

Best,

If you like arena shooters and/or roguelikes then I would highly recommend it. For a game that seems like a meme, it's surprisingly well thought out. 

To avoid the most well-known books in this genre I'll list some books I think are mildly popular

20th century ghosts by Joe Hill

Slade House by David Mitchell (this one is set in the same universe as an earlier title The Bone Clocks)

Gothic Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell

The October Country: Stories by Ray Bradbury

Hell House by Richard Matheson

@Eudicots wrote: 
Cats are just an invasive species

Them's fightin' words.

Performance over Pretty.
Dragokar
Miniboss

I am in no way really new, but I am a frequent visitor from the good old Germany. Now to the questions:

• Sadly, World of Tanks.
  • Favorite food? 
    • Probably any kind of Pizza, but I do enjoy many variations and cuisines
    • Straight forward PC.
    • I love them both.
    • Formula 1, the whole PC-Stuff, cinema and going out with friends.
    • Opel Vectra

I was a Berlin guy but moved to the land side to rebuild my grandparent's house and yeah we did it. Also, I do enjoy any kind of music, from Beethoven to Scooter and I love the original Love Parade in Berlin, Germany.

I used to play World of Tanks. Wasn't any good at it. Not sure if it was a hardware issue or not. I might have to pick it up again to see how bad the RNG and grind are.

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes

I still like the idea and Gamestyle, however I am an old folk that lived through the game since closed beta and I simply must admit that the game changed to a random, higher, faster and powercreep game.

If you can deal with that it still can be a fun game, even in randoms, just dont take it serious anymore.

You are welcome to add me ingame If you are on the EU-cluster.

Cheers.

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

• What's your favourite video game you're currently playing? 
    • So many the 2 games I have the most hours in are probably World of Warcraft & Ark Survival Evolved. I have been switching between a few games lately though Ark, Company of heroes 3, & MW2 (DMZ)
  • Favourite food? 
    • Pizza, Chinese, Wings & so much more
    • PC Gamer all the way!
    • Love all animals and was a huge cat person every since I was young (got bit in the face by a dog when I was 8 ever since had a fear of dog. I was finally convinced by my wife to get a dog 2 years ago and now I will forever be a dog person I love the connection:)
    • Video Games, dungeon and dragons, & audio books!
    • In our house it was known as the BEAST a big old box van that had questionable breaks. The muffler was replaced on it at one point and from than it gave the loudest RAWR with the slightest touch to the gas its was great. You definitely could not sneak home after curfew with it though 😛
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
redneckpoet
Adept II

I suppose I can join the thread.

• What's your favorite video game you're currently playing? Mostly Destiny 2, but it's getting old.

• Favorite food?  Does Cheesecake count?

• Are you a PC or laptop gamer? Primarily console. What?!?, but I do play on PC as well from time to time.

• Are you a dog or a cat person? Both

• What hobbies do you have? Alot. I collect Transformers, comic books, LPs, autographs, building/rebuilding PCs, and more. But mainly, it's photography and writing. Want to see my works or even buy something to help support my creative endeavors? Visit me at 2shotsofgeek.com 

• What was your first car? An old 99 Buick century. That thing was a tank!

Hi @redneckpoet , 

Thanks for stopping by to share a little about yourself! I started playing Destiny 2 a few months ago and liked it but didn't stick with it. How long have you been playing? 

My biggest woe with it was understanding armor leveling and finding the best armor for the class you build. What class did you end up sticking with or have you tried multiple? 

🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

I've been playing since Destiny 1 came out. I run a Hunter almost always, but also have a Titan and Warlock that I occasionally play with. I think it's a bit daunting for new players, but leveling up is pretty quick- at least to a point.

Ah, that's awesome! I started out with Titan, which has been fun and I"ve been trying to follow along recommended builds online. One issue I had is I did the entire lightfall campaign with my partner... we got to the end, and I didn't get the achievement or any of the rewards. So that killed my soul haha. And I stopped when I was trying to increase my guardian level and needed to do certain things to reach level 6 to upgrade my armor more. 

I think if I get back into it I'll be able to get over the hump. I just need to open the game back up and take my attention away from League of Legends hahaha. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
lgndk11r
Adept I

• Favorite food? Pizza, I suppose.
  • Are you a PC or laptop gamer? Laptop thanks to small bedroom.
  • Are you a dog or a cat person? Dog
  • What hobbies do you have? Getting into Battletech now
  • What was your first car? Mitsubishi Mirage. Hey, better than public transport.

Pizza is a super fair favorite food choice, you can never go wrong with it @lgndk11r ! What's your go-to pizza? 

A pizza place in Austin, Texas called Via 313 has the crunchiest deep-dish pizza I go to when I want to treat myself. I'm drooling just thinking about it lol. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

You can't go wrong with the classic pepperoni, but the margherita is seriously underrated.

0 Likes
trumayne
Journeyman III

• Have many favorites but right now playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC
  • Favorite food? 
  • Have many but pizza, lasagna, burgers, ramen are probably at the top of the list
  • PC all the way
  • Like both but I've only had cats as pets.
  • Exercising, gaming, watching movies and finding new places to go on vacation
  • 2007 Hyundai Elantra

Hi @trumayne - welcome to the AMD Community! 

It's great to get to know you a bit and hope to see you around the community some more soon. 🙂 

Where's your next big vacation to?! I need to be taking more trips haha. 

Also, here's a picture of my kitty Sage for pet tax haha 

IMG_9467.jpg

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Sage has similar markings to Inigo Montoyger!

Performance over Pretty.
ht_addict
Adept I

Spend most of time tweaking my build.  My son is the gamer.

• Favorite food?

Burgers and Fries

Have both, AMD based.

Meow

Biking, Movies

• What was your first car bought for youself?

Kian Stinger Gt LTD

Welcome to the Red Team, @ht_addict 🙂 

That's awesome that you enjoy tweaking your builds for fun. Do you have any pictures? I would love to see it! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
Boomhour83
Journeyman III

Hey everyone! I'm new to the community and have only got into PC gaming about 2 years ago. My name is Jamie and I'm from Ontario Canada. I have been a IT technician for the last 3 years. A little about me:

• What's your favorite video game you're currently playing? Jedi Survivor
  • Favorite food? Lasagna
  • Are you a PC or laptop gamer? PC
  • Are you a dog or a cat person? Both!
  • What hobbies do you have? Drawing and gaming
  • What was your first car? 1994 Toyota Corolla

Hi Jamie, so glad you joined the community! 🙂 

I also really enjoy drawing! I had an art teacher in high school that told me never to put a pencil down or I'll lose touch - and I wish I would have listened. What kind of things do you like to draw? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes