cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Labels - What are those?

When you publish a post in Gaming or Off-Topic discussions, you may be thinking - what label should I apply to this post? Worry no more, I have a resource for you here! 

First off, what are labels? 

Labels are ways to organize conversations. You can select labels to see more posts within that category. 

Is there anything else you can do with labels? 

The answer is yes! You can subscribe to get notified if someone posts a new discussion with that label. Steps to subscribe: 

1. From a particular post with a label, click on the label to filter by that label.

2. Then select "subscribe" to this label. 

Now that we have that down, I've provided a list of labels for both discussion topics below: 

Gaming Discussions 

• Game Promotions 
    • Any deals or discounts for games
  • Gaming Hardware
    • Discussions related to gaming laptops, GPUs, CPUs 
  • Building/Upgrading PCs 
    • Discussions related to upgrading your PC or the process of building
  • Sweepstakes/Contests
    • Contests held by AMD Staff, or maybe you heard about a contest going on
  • Gameplay
    • Games you are playing, game recommendations, game feedback, and tips for game levels
  • LAN Parties
    • Anything related to LAN or V-LAN parties
  • AMD News 
    • Any AMD News updates or releases
  • AMD Staff Updates 
    • Posts from AMD staff regarding team members or updates in the community
  • AMD Technologies 
    • Any technology related to AMD such as Adrenalin, Zen 3, Fidelity FX, FreeSync, AMD Link, and more. You can also learn more about AMD technologies here: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies 
  • Recommendations 
    • Any recommendations regarding PCs, Games, or specific PC hardware/software
  • Other
    • Any topics that don't fall within the above, but still feel gaming related. 

Off-Topic Discussions 

• Entertainment 
    • Movies, sports, tv-shows, or cooking
  • Work & Education 
    • Any conversation you want to have about your day job or school
  • Cars 
    • All things cars
  • For Fun
    • General posts for fun! Videos, memes, or anything that comes to mind
  • Hobbies
    • Anything hobby related (think legos, puzzles, drawing, or anything you spend your free time doing)
  • Other
    • Any topics that don't fall within the above

PC Building 

• PC Builds
    • Select this label if you are about to start a new build or want to show off your rig. Share your plans and keep us updated on your progress, and don’t forget pictures!
  • PC Building Tips
    • For Tips to keep in mind when building a PC.
  • PC building How-to
    • For how-to walkthroughs describing the steps needed to troubleshoot, install or upgrade a component.
  • Specifications
    • Include this label if you are planning to list all the parts of your build.
  • Photo(s)
    • Use this label if your post includes a photo(s).
  • Video(s)
    • Use this label if your post includes a video or two.
  • Brands:
    • Select any of the brands you are planning to use for your build:
      • Alienware
      • AMD Radeon
      • AMD Ryzen
      • ASRock
      • ASUS
      • Cooler Master
      • Corsair
      • Crucial
      • Dell
      • EVGA
      • Fractal Design
      • G.Skill
      • Gigabyte
      • Hyte
      • iBUYPOWER
      • Kingston
      • Lian Li
      • Logitech
      • MSI
      • NZXT
      • Origin PC
      • Phanteks
      • PNY
      • Razer
      • Samsung
      • Sapphire
      • Seagate
      • Thermaltake
      • Western Digital
      • XFX
    • Other
      • Anything related to PC building that you feel doesn’t fit into the label listed above. 

Part Recommendations 

• Question
    • Select this label if you are posting a question regarding which part(s) you should install in your rig.
  • Recommendation
    • Select this label if you are recommending a part or two
  • Photo(s)
    • Use this label if your post includes a photo(s).
  • Video(s)
    • Use this label if your post includes a video(s).
  • Brands:
    • Select any of the brands you are planning to use for your build:
      • Alienware
      • AMD Radeon
      • AMD Ryzen
      • ASRock
      • ASUS
      • Cooler Master
      • Corsair
      • Crucial
      • Dell
      • EVGA
      • Fractal Design
      • G.Skill
      • Gigabyte
      • Hyte
      • iBUYPOWER
      • Kingston
      • Lian Li
      • Logitech
      • MSI
      • NZXT
      • Origin PC
      • Phanteks
      • PNY
      • Razer
      • Samsung
      • Sapphire
      • Seagate
      • Thermaltake
      • Western Digital
      • XFX
      •  
    • Monitor
      • Use this label if you are recommending or have a question about a monitor(s).
    • Gaming Accessories
      • Any discussions regarding accessories for gaming such as desk pads, monitor mounts, controllers, keyboards, mice, or anything else you’d like to talk about.
    • Part News
      • Any announcements, news, or updates on the latest parts and releases.
    • Other
      • Anything related to part recommendations that you feel doesn’t fit into the label listed above. 

As a friendly reminder, if you need assistance with an AMD product please visit our Support Forums.

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
2 Replies
DiogoSantos
Journeyman III

Hello.

I'm trying to start a discussion on amd community but I don't know what to write in the label field.

I intend to publish this:

"Hello

In November 2021, I purchased an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2001np (has an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor with Radeon Graphics and a Windows 10)

The computer was being used and I realized that, possibly, the battery could be draining with the computer turned off. I was more attentive to the situation and I realized this was happening. I reported the problem to HP and the computer was taken to an HP repair center and the battery was replaced.

After receiving the computer, and used it for a few minutes, I noticed  the battery was 66%. On 21/08/2022, I turned on the computer and had 57% of battery… it discharged, being turned off, 9% of the battery. On 25/08/2022, I noticed the computer had 13% of battery. I turned off the computer and, on 29/28/2022, the computer didn´t turn on. It was already out of battery. From 25/08/2022, until 29/08/2022, the computer was turned off.

At the repair center I went to, they changed the power mode to better power and disabled fast boot, because fast boot consumes power with the computer turned off.

On 09/09/2022, I noticed the computer had 74% of battery. On 12/09/2022, I turned on the computer and had 69% battery. In fact, the problem remains. It didn´t resolve the problem.

Could it be something related to the processor or some AMD driver?

I did a research on some websites and found cases of other people complaining about the same thing as me. In these cases, these people had a computer with an intel processor and were advised to do this: “ Go to device manager->System Devices-> Intel Management Engine Interface->Properties->Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Or do another thing: disable the Intel Management Engine Interface.

I did a research, if AMD had a similar driver and I found, unless I was wrong, AMD PSP driver. I have this driver im my computer - AMD PSP 10.0 Device. I tried to uncheck, but problem remains.

What do you advise me to do?"

Which label should I indicate?

Thank You

0 Likes

Hi Diogo,

I think your issue is more of a wrong place, rather than wrong label.

Your question sounds like it should go here: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/bd-p/general-discussions or possibly here: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/bd-p/drivers-and-software-discussions   

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!