Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

petosiris
Miniboss

How to make a PC specs image and link it in your signature

Hi guys,

Have you missed to display an image for all your PC specs?  Me too, so I made my own. 

PC specs new.jpg

Here's how you can make one yourself:

1. Open http://www.csgnetwork.com/htmlcodetest.html
  2. Copy & Paste the HTML code below here into the text field in the HTML And Script Code Tester.
  3. Edit the HTML code and change my specs to your own.  You may also change colors, fonts, and anything you want.
  4. Press the [Test The HTML Code] button and a pop-up window will display your new PC specs.
  5. Copy the window to clipboard with <alt><Print Screen> and paste it into an image editor (I use GIMP).
  6. Cut out the part you want to display and save it to your disk, for example in your Desktop folder.
  7. Upload the image to an image share site, like Imgur.com.
  8. Copy the link (in Imgur it's "Direct Link") to your image and paste it into your signature (see code below).
  9. Save your preferences.
  10. You're done!  Test it by finding one of your earlier posts and click the link in your signature.

Don't forget to save your edited HTML code to a text file on your disk, for later update.

<head>
<style>
table {
background-color: black;
color: white;
border: 1px;
width: 600px;
}
caption {
colspan: 2;
background-color: #9e0000;
text-align: left;
height: 30px;
font-size: 25px;
padding-left: 5px;
}
td {
padding-left: 5px;
}
.reds {
background-color: #9e0000;
width: 180px;
}
</style>
</head>

<div><table>
<tr><caption><b>PC Specs</b</caption></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Motherboard</td><td>ASUS ProArt B550-Creator</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Processor</td><td>AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Memory (part number)<br><br></td><td>128 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4<br>
(F4-3600C16Q-128GTZN)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Graphics Card #1</td><td>MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 Ti</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Graphics Card #2</td><td>PowerColor Liquid Devil RX 7900 XTX (future)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Sound Card</td><td>Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champion</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Monitor</td><td>LG 48" OLED Evo 4K OLED48C2 TV & Monitor</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #1</td><td>4 TB Seagate Firecuda 530 M.2 SSD (system)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #2</td><td>2 TB Seagate Firecuda 530 M.2 SSD (games)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #3</td><td>4 TB Samsung 860 Evo SATA SSD (archive)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Storage #4</td><td>2 x 18 TB Seagate Exos X20 SATA HD (backup in RAID1)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>CPU Cooler</td><td>Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 Chiller</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Case</td><td>Thermaltake Core X9</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Power Supply</td><td>Corsair AX1200i Platinum</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Keyboard</td><td>Logitech K120</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Mouse</td><td>ASUS Cerberus</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Headset</td><td>Sennheiser PC 360</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Mouse Pad</td><td>Star Citizen Goliath (880x295 mm)</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Headset/Speakers</td><td>Logitech Z-540 Speakers</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>OS</td><td>Linux Mint and Windows 11 Pro</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Network Router</td><td>ASUS ROG Rapture CT-AC5300</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Accessory #1</td><td>ASUS RT-AC5300 Gaming Router</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Accessory #2</td><td>Track-IR 5</td></tr>
<tr><td class=reds>Accessory #3</td><td>Gaming Chair with HOTAS & Pedals</td></tr>
</table></div>

Here's how my signature looks like in the Settings --> Personal --> Personal Information --> Signature field:

image_2023-04-18_204158863.png
And here's code for the signature:

Best,<br />Your nickname           <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Tl7bu32.png" target="_blank">PC specs</a>

Don't forget to change the data to your name and link to the image.
I put the link to the HTML tester and my PC specs in the Private notes field so I remember it to the next time.

Any questions or comments are welcome!

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
7 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I'm going to be making mine soon! I'll update this thread when I have it so people can see 🙂 

This is such good timing because I was listing out all my PC parts on my bio the other day and it looked TERRIBLE. LOL this is the perfect solution for what I was trying to do. 

Thank you so much for this awesome solution! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

I finally did it! Your walkthrough was so easy to follow - thank you so much. I made mine purple to add some flare to it 😉 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

That's great, Amber!  Happy to help you.  You have a powerful PC, congrats!

If you want to avoid displaying the Imgur stuff around your PC specs image, then you can use the Direct Link instead of the default link to the Imgur image.  Just click on your image and select the second button from the top (see image below), then insert that link in your signature.  See my PC specs image how that looks -- without the Imgur clutter around it.

PC specs imgur.jpg

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
petosiris
Miniboss

That's great!  I look forward to see your PC specs, Amber. 👍 And please ask if you have any questions, or suggestions for altering the article.

BTW, I borrowed the design from the old ASUS ROG forums, where it was a board feature, but they changed the forum (to the Khoros board software, actually) and I missed the feature so I decided to make my own solution.

Best,
ThreeDee
Paragon

Cool deal ..thanks for this easy walkthru .. gonna give it a go! Using google photos tho .. so hopefully anybody can see it if they want

ThreeDee PC specs
petosiris
Miniboss

Looks good, @ThreeDee.  I see you added BIOS settings, which is nice to have in your specs.  But you might want to change the bottom row from "Acessory #3" to "Acessory #2", since you have just two lines.  🙂

Best,

Good catch .. fixed!

..and thanks again 😎

ThreeDee PC specs