cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Sun X-Terminal

I have a lot of computer systems that I've built over the years, so I can keep posting new stuff in the Battle Stations Sub-Forum, such as my Sun X-Terminal.  Now this system had no graphics card, and it used an APU instead.  But it was an AMD APU, so it counts.  It ran an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU.  Check out my build history from June 2005.  

Look at that - a real CRT.Look at that - a real CRT.

Have you heard of SUN?  They made some great computer workstations.  The X-Terminal was like a dumb terminal, I believe.  Mine isn't so dumb though.  It was good for browsing the Internet in the early 2000 time frame.Have you heard of SUN? They made some great computer workstations. The X-Terminal was like a dumb terminal, I believe. Mine isn't so dumb though. It was good for browsing the Internet in the early 2000 time frame.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
6 Replies
eebiii
Forerunner

Always nice to look at. It just gives a relaxing vibe.

Hiroki23
Adept II

Excellent a CRT monitor, it's retro.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This system was taken down a few years ago to make room for 'Talk 2 The Hand' and other stuff.  I still have it though, although the old CRT monitor has been recycled.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Thats a cool one! Always enjoying your builds.

The Englishman
jaandoh
Challenger

Loving it...

I also like the analogue meter on left... 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think that was a temperature meter.  Some things, like partial circuit boards, are there for decoration - coming from the original Sun X-Terminal.  I actually put a lot of work into this build.  Did you see the PDF file link at the top?