cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

eebiii
Forerunner

My 2013 Battlestation

Here is a rig I put together in 2013. Thought I would share.

DSCN0636-1.JPGDSCN0579-1.JPGDSCN0639-1.JPGDSCN0578-1.JPGDSCN0630-1.JPGDSCN0592-1.JPG

11 Replies
HeyDoeAUD
Adept II

DUDE.  That is an awesome build man i would have loved that 10+ yr ago.  Can you post the specs for the fans please and temps if your keen.

eebiii
Forerunner

Thanks! That thing is long gone but it had two 290x crossfire and a 4790k delidded on a swiftech 655 d5 pump. I did that to all CPU's for about 6 years but there just wasn't any real gains in temps maybe 2-4C for all the work. I am heading to work but when I get home I will try and find some pics with benchmarks and temps. 

That's something that could be sold for retro gaming in like 10 more years.  I agree with the water cooling man i think unless your trying to seriously overclock its pointless.  Especially now normal temps can range into the 100c ranges.  I would run an AIO but tubing out is extreme and costly these days.  check my latest build > https://community.amd.com/t5/battle-stations/2024-march-sweepstakes-heydoeaud-s-first-ever-amd-radeo...

If you have more builds like this please post man I love the quality of your cable management and everything

I basically water-cool everything. But fan blocks are getting better and better. I also like overclocking and pushing it. Plus, once I water-cooled, it was hard to go back. It was the delidding of the CPU that I would see minimal gains. 

I have tons of builds! Head over to the modders page and I have 2 recent ones that I have done. Check them out.

Link to modders page please.  Where in the world are you eebiii? USA?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Even back then you did an impressive cable management job.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I think it went downhill from there. Nothing has ever looked like that again. It's because I put that acrylic back panel on that Corsair Air 540 case. It doesn't bother me when it's in the back of the case. But with all of the controllers and hubs, etc., you almost have to tidy up a bit, so everything fits even when you cant see it.

eebiii
Forerunner

It was crazy back then with those Swiftech Komodo GPU blocks. You had to snip the solder joints on the back of the card down to put the backplate on safely. Now this was my second water-cooled build but basically an upgrade the first. I'm not saying I shorted out the card. I would never admit it. But RMA policies were a lot more lenient back then, so it could get replaced easy. 😀

1711749881767-4dcf42c8-0405-49ec-af3b-f99351f5c0a3_1-1.jpg

Can you post the specs for the fans please and temps if your keen.

Not 100% sure of the type of Corsair fans those are. I'm pretty sure they came with multiple rings so you could change the color to match your build. Thats all I can remember. As far as temps...Any custom loop usually idles around 30-40C and tops out 68-75C under just about any load. 

0 Likes