Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Command Center

1000003083.jpg

 So I do my gaming from the couch.  The main display here is an LG 65" GX OLED TV.  

1000003087.jpg

 The PC case itself is a Silverstone Grandia GD09.  Inside is a Corsair AX1600i power supply, an MSI MPG Carbon X670E EKWB edition motherboard.  The block also cools the NVMe port and the VRMs.  A Ryzen 9 7950X3D is installed along with a Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 and 64 Gigabytes of G. Skill EXPO RAM.

Liquid flow runs out the back of the case.  Ball valves are installed to easily disconnect the case from the radiator.

1000003089.jpg

The radiator is a Mo-Ra3 from Watercool.

1000003088.jpg

Dual pumps and the reservoir are installed on the back of the radiator.  The radiator is cooled by four 200mm Noctua fans.

1000003084.jpg

1000003085.jpg

7 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You don't mess around!  That's a beast.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I really like the external radiator, It is essentially silent even when power draw is high.

I forgot to mention that there is a Terramaster external HDD dock attached that contains 2 16TB Seagate EXOs drives and another two 16TB Iron Wolf drives which are used to store my movie and TV collection for KODI playback. 

swexshadow
Adept I

Thats overkill cooling.

The idea was for it to be completely silent, which it really is, and not throw out too much RGB light into the living room.  

Also, if I upgrade my PC in the future the entire cooling loop can simply be detached, and then reattached to the new PC.

Love it. Great Job!!

Almost have too nowadays. Rapid change in the PC world. Futureproof. Why would you not overkill it? 

That was sort of my thought process here.  In case I decided to ever build a render station or something with a 32 or 64 core Threadripper in it, I can still just plug it in to the Mo-Ra3 and have more than enough dissipation for that hardware.  And also, no pulling radiators out of cases this way.