cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Discussions

Doggsel
Journeyman III

Visual Studio Build Tools instead of Visual Studio for AMD AI software?

1. AMD AI Software needs Visual Studio. Will it work also with Build Tools for Visual Studio instead of the VS fat cow? 

2. We have CPython 3.12/3.11 installed on our Windows 11 systems. Will AMD AI work well with it instead of (mini/ana)conda?  

3. Should we decide to populate our Windows 11 with mini/anaconda we will do it only for AMD AI software. At the same time all those CPython installations present already on system and dependent applications shouldn't be interfered by conda and AMD AI software stack. How to achieve this goal?

3 Replies
kchalupa
Journeyman III

Hey I did some research on this topic and I found the installation instructions for Ryzen AI Software it lays out what you need to do to set it up. Your python is good. It doesn't mention Build Tools so you may need to install the full VS 2019 or later. It says mini/anaconda is required. As for point C: you'll have to wait for a pro to take that one. Hope this helps.

Here's the doc if you want to take a look: Installation Instructions — Ryzen AI Software 1.1 documentation (amd.com)

0 Likes
rupatch1234
Adept I

best

0 Likes

Does that mean that your question is solved, do you mind marking it as answered?

0 Likes