3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 12:27 PM by mekosmowski

more missing references with gfortran

japalmer29
      compiling under linux gfortran complains of _glortran_allocate64 missing, etc.

Similarly to the previous topic, when compiling with gfortran, using either the acml4.1.0-gfortran64 or acml4.1.0-gfortran54_int64 gives errors concerning undefined references to:

_gfortran_allocate64

_gfortran_deallocate

_gfortran_internal_free

I tried using -lgfortran and get the same errors.

• more missing references with gfortran
          mekosmowski

Which gcc / gfortran are you using?  Perhaps we could start an acml / gfortran version incompatibility chart or something.

• more missing references with gfortran
            japalmer29

I am trying to use gcc-4.3.1 with acml-4.1.0 for gfortran64 (either with or without int64). We are using a recent version Fedora / RedHat Linux on an AMD opteron cluster.

I have tried to link with the gfortran static library created by gcc, but gfortran complains that it is incompatible. It finds a libgfortran, but not with the required references.

[jason@juggling amica_gcc]$ mpgf90 -L/share/apps/gcc-4.3.1/lib -static -L/home/jason/acml4.1.0/gfortran64/lib -lacml -lgfortran -fopenmp -O0 -ffree-line-length-none amica4.f90 funmod2.f90 /share/apps/gcc-4.3.1/lib/libgfortran.a

gfortran: /share/apps/gcc-4.3.1/lib/libgfortran.a: linker input file unused because linking not done
            /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /share/apps/gcc-4.3.1/lib/libgfortran.a when searching for -lgfortran
            /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /share/apps/gcc-4.3.1/lib/libgfortran.a when searching for -lgfortran
            /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /share/apps/gcc-4.3.1/lib/libgomp.a when searching for -lgomp

/home/jason/acml4.1.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_pow_r8_i4'
            /home/jason/acml4.1.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_free'
            /home/jason/acml4.1.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_deallocate'
            /home/jason/acml4.1.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_allocate64'
            /home/jason/acml4.1.0/gfortran64/lib/libacml.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_pow_r4_i4'

We had some trouble compiling gcc as well (script error about not being able to determing object file suffix.) gcc-4.3.1 was compiled on another machine with the same architecture as the one I'm using, but without pathscale f90, which the one I'm using has, and may be interefering somehow. gcc-4.3.1 seems to run ok on the machine I'm using.

Maybe we need to revisit the building of gcc-4.3.1 to find out what's going wrong in making libgfortran. As I said this was tricky, involving bootstrapping the compiler compilation.