Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ryta1203
Journeyman III

Brook.dll symbols not loaded error

Has anyone gotten this error?

The code compiles, the solution builds just fine. This is a runtime error and I can't seem to locate the problem. I was using the (what I think) to be the exact same code earlier and it was running fine.

Could this be because of the stream sizes being too large? I thought that the 8192 1D limit was being abstracted out.

Essentially, I get this error when my stream size is 128*128*9 but not when I reduce it to be 16*16*9. These are the two examples I used.

So there is still a max size limit on 1D streams?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Gayan
Journeyman III

Hi,

I am sure for 1D 8192 is the limit, in your first care its exceed the limit, where as in the second case it should allocate. I am wondering how you are getting allocation problem in second case.... Is there any one can give more information regards this?

0 Likes

Gayan,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that address translation should be taking care of the 1D 8192 limit, is that not true?

Also, I don't get allocation problems for the 16*16*9 case only for the 128*128*9 case, BUT I also don't get problems for a 32*32*9 case (which > 8192) but I do for a 64*64*9 case.

I was hoping one of the AMD guys could shed some light.

So if you are using scatter at all then 8192 is the biggest limit you can use? That seems very limiting.
0 Likes

Originally posted by: ryta1203

Gayan,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that address translation should be taking care of the 1D 8192 limit, is that not true?

Also, I don't get allocation problems for the 16*16*9 case only for the 128*128*9 case, BUT I also don't get problems for a 32*32*9 case (which > 8192) but I do for a 64*64*9 case.

I was hoping one of the AMD guys could shed some light.

So if you are using scatter at all then 8192 is the biggest limit you can use? That seems very limiting.

After talking to the AMD people this is not true and you should be able to use 1D arrays larger than 8192. Just an FYI for anyone reading this.

0 Likes