10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 10:05 AM by stevevt

Problem with Scatter

jonathan81

Hi,

I have a strange problem with the scatter procject.

If i add a classical kernel in the file scatter.br i have some strange behaviour during the build

Examples:

"

WARNING: ASSERT(GetResultSymbol().IsValid() + mDataTypeValue.IsValid() >= 1) failed

1>While processing :72

1>In compiler at AST:elayedLookup::ResolveSymbols()[astdelayedlookup.cpp:139]

1> *mName = c

1>Message: unknown symbol

1>WARNING: ASSERT(GetResultSymbol().IsValid() + mDataTypeValue.IsValid() >= 1) failed

1>While processing :82

1>In compiler at AST:elayedLookup::ResolveSymbols()[astdelayedlookup.cpp:139]

1> *mName = c

"

Moreover, when i add a scatter function in another project which gives some good results i have the same problem of build and i have a crash whereas the new scatter function is not called in my code !!!

Example of crash :

Invalid Buffer, unable to write to file
      Assertion failure: calcontext.cpp (807): Problem compiling shader with calclComp
      ile.

Assertion failed: 0, file c:\brookamd\platform\runtime\src\cal\calbase.hpp, line

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
      Please contact the application's support team for more information.

In details, i have put this scatter function gives in scatter's project :

kernel

void scatter(float4 a[][], float4 b<>, float

width, out float4 c[])

{

// Get the position in the stream of the current thread

float

idx = indexof(c);

float2 apos = {idx % width, floor(idx / width) };

// Write out to the scatter buffer

c[idx] = a[apos] + b;

}

The kernel scatter is not called by any functions and i have a crash, if i don't put this function in my br files i have not any problem.

I have tried to link with amdcalcl.lib, amdcalrt.lib and calutAMDhlslCompiler.lib but i have always the same probleme

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Jonathan