Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nberger
Adept I

Brook+ 1.0 beta

Hi!

I just downloaded and installed the beta version of your SDK (Windows-64). I wonder whether something went wrong with the packaging of the Brook installer, as I run into the following problems:
- The debug version of the Brook compiler (brcc_d.exe) is not recognised as a program by windows (calling results in a "The system cannot execute the specified program" error message)
- When linking against either the debug or the normal brook libraries, I get unresolved external symbols, both in the example programs and for my application - here is the output from linking the binary search example:
1>binary_search.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall brook::stream::~stream(void)" (??1stream@brook@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl binary_search(class brook::stream,class brook::stream,class brook::stream,float,float)" (?binary_search@@YAXVstream@brook@@00MM@Z)

1>binary_search.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall brook::kernel::kernel(void const * * const)" (??0kernel@brook@@QAE@QAPBX@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl binary_search(class brook::stream,class brook::stream,class brook::stream,float,float)" (?binary_search@@YAXVstream@brook@@00MM@Z)

1>binary_search.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall brook::stream::stream(class brook::stream const &)" (??0stream@brook@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function _main

1>binary_search.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl brook::stream::stream(enum brook::StreamType const *,...)" (??0stream@brook@@QAA@PBW4StreamType@1@ZZ) referenced in function _main

1>binary_search.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class brook::Runtime * __cdecl brook::createRuntime(bool)" (?createRuntime@brook@@YAPAVRuntime@1@_N@Z) referenced in function "private: __thiscall `anonymous namespace'::AtStartup::AtStartup(void)" (??0AtStartup@?A0x7429ce23@@AAE@XZ)

1>..\..\..\samples\bin\xp_x86_32\\binary_search_d.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Any ideas?
Thanks

Nik
0 Likes
4 Replies

Our engineering team tells me that the first issue (about brcc_d.exe not being recognized as a program) is Windows' way of telling you a DLL is missing. Make sure the CAL 64-bit libraries are in your path and that you have Visual Studio runtime libraries in your path.

Also, can you check that the path to the brook.lib library for 64-bit Windows has been added to the project?

I'm following up with our engineers so that they can check the distribution for issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience! I'm working with them to get this worked out.

Michael.
0 Likes

Here more info...

One of our AEs found out there is a bug in our samples... apparently we have:

.;"$(BROOKROOT)\sdk\lib\xp_x86_32" (for 32-bit Windows) and
.;"$(BROOKROOT)\sdk\lib\xp_x86_64" (for 64-bit Windows)

as the library search path. But, if you go look in the sdk\lib directory, you'll see the xp_x86_[32|64] directory doesn't exist! 🙂

This will get fixed for v1.0.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Can you go and remove the incorrect xp_x86_[32|64] part of the path and try it again to see if it works?

Michael.
0 Likes
nberger
Adept I

Hi!

Actually, the library path in the samples looks ok to me (no additional xp_86_... directories), so it seems to be something else. I now installed the XP32 SDK and everything works fine. I have to admit that I do not fully understand the bitness business; my XP is definitely the 64 bit version, but it seems that I am producing 32 bit executables - I will try to understand this before I bother you again with bitness issues.

Cheers

Nik
0 Likes

Hi Nik,

Keep me in the loop on anything you find so I can relay it back to the engineering team.

Thanks!

Michael.
0 Likes