2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2008 2:08 PM by chipf

libacml_mv.so problem

finalguy
      Anyone can give hint about how to fix the following issue.(Athlon X2, ubuntu 7.10).

make

gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -c -o lm.o lm.c
      gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -c -o Axb.o Axb.c
      gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -c -o misc.o misc.c
      In file included from misc.c:42:
      misc_core.c:562:2: warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for matrix inversion when computing the covariance; this might be unstable at times
      In file included from misc.c:57:
      misc_core.c:562:2: warning: #warning LAPACK not available, LU will be used for matrix inversion when computing the covariance; this might be unstable at times
      gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -c -o lmlec.o lmlec.c
      lmlec.c:39:2: warning: #warning Linearly constrained optimization requires LAPACK and was not compiled!
      gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -c -o lmbc.o lmbc.c
      ar crv liblevmar.a lm.o Axb.o misc.o lmlec.o lmbc.o
      r - lm.o
      r - Axb.o
      r - misc.o
      r - lmlec.o
      r - lmbc.o
      ranlib liblevmar.a
      gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -c -o lmdemo.o lmdemo.c
      lmdemo.c:584:2: warning: #warning LAPACK not available, some test problems cannot be used
      gcc -m64 -I/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/include -L/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib -L. lmdemo.o -o lmdemo -lacml_mp -lg2c -llevmar -lm
      /usr/bin/ld: warning: libacml_mv.so, needed by /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_expf_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_unpack'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_exp_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_sincosf_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_sincos_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_allocate64'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_stop_numeric'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_pow_i4_i4'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read_done'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_compare_string'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_logf_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_pack'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_pow_r8_i4'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_log_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_scaled_logr_'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_free'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_pow_r4_i4'
      /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_deallocate'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make: *** [lmdemo] Error 1
        • libacml_mv.so problem
          finalguy
          I used libgfortran and got the following. But for the rest, I still have no clue. libacml_mv.so is just in the same directory as libacml_mp.so.

gcc -m64 -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib -L. lmdemo.o -o lmdemo -lacml_mp -llevmar -lm -lgfortran

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libacml_mv.so, needed by /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_expf_'
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_exp_'
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_sincosf_'
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_sincos_'
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_logf_'
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_log_'
          /opt/acml4.0.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so: undefined reference to `vrda_scaled_logr_'
          collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
            • libacml_mv.so problem
              chipf
              You need to add -lacml_mv to the link command. For instance, the following link command works for the zfft1dx example:

gfortran -fopenmp zfft1dx_example.o -o zfft1dx_example.exe -L/opt/acml4.1.0/gfortran64_mp/lib -lacml_mp -lacml_mv

You would also need to add the library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/acml4.1.0/gfortran64_mp/lib