quickk

Installing CodeAnalyst on Linux

Discussion created by quickk on Nov 14, 2007
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2007 by ujoimro
Can't get it to work

Hi,

I've been trying to install CodeAnalyst for the last 2 days without any success. I've tried on 2 different machines: one running ubuntu 7.10 and the other running opensuse 10.3.

On the ubuntu attempt, I think that I did manage to get it installed, but each time I try to run a simulation, it gives me this error message:

Code Analyst Daemon Failed to start

Reason:
Couldn't Determine Kernel Version.

On the suse machine, I've tried compiling both the 2.6 and 2.5 versions from scratch and always get stuck at the ./configure step. The error is:

checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
configure: error: popt library not found usually part of libpopt-dev

The thing is that I already have the popt library (ver. 1.7) installed. I really don't know how to fix this.

I also tried using the rpm file to install directly. Using the 2.5 version, I got error messages about missing libbfd-2.15. On my system I have version 2.17 of this file, so I made a link to this version, and after installing a few other libraries that were missing I thought that I had it installed finally. Upon starting the Codeanalyst program, I then got an error
This kernel does not support profiling with oprofile
or something like that. I don't understand what went wrong.

I also tried the 2.6 rpm, and then I get the same error about libbfd missing. I tried the same trick as before but it does not work.

Anyway, I'm now extremely frustrated. I'd really like some help getting this thing to work. Thanks.

Outcomes