Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jaydeejoy
Elite

3900x random restart

Hi

x570tuf  + 3900x +

32Gb (4*8) Corsair CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18 XMP 2.0 (auto settngs)
Performance LEVEL 3 (OC) mode.

2x512 nwme 2 hdd + 1 Tb ssd

280mm water cooler with 4 fan
3 case fan

2802 lastet bios
2.10.13.408 lastest chipset driver.
850W gold psu.
every s settings auto mode in mobo
my psu has a problem with on-off button , i fixed it with another cable.
when xmp 2.0 is disable no crashes in 1 hour
when xmp 2.0 is enable its crashes 2-3 times in 30 mniutes
i bought new psu is on the way , ll test it with new psu.

some windows logs

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
  <EventID>41</EventID>
  <Version>8</Version>
  <Level>1</Level>
  <Task>63</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-10-27T14:52:15.7837132Z" />
  <EventRecordID>3256</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-2G5H7RJ</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>
  <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225684</Data>
  <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
  <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
  <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
  <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
  <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
  <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>
  <Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>
0 Likes
48 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

First of all, you need to use the system BIOS in factory settings for a while. If the problem still exists, it is necessary to try a different PSU. If the problem still exists, the error is most likely caused by the motherboard.

The error message you shared indicates that the system was not shutting down properly. Not the cause of the error.

0 Likes

thank you. i ll let u know . i ll test it in factary settings.

There have actually been a lot of reports of this behavior on Asus boards when populating all 4 ram slots and trying to enable DOCP.

This thread is has pretty much the same thing going on: https://community.amd.com/thread/257612 

The advice given in this thread would be things for you to check too. 

Likely you should reach out to Asus support with your issue. They should be able to assist in trouble shooting if their board is an issue or if it is memory. It certainly can be a power issue causing an issue but likely since it only happens when enabling DOCP it is not that. Regardless worth a try. 

0 Likes

thank u.
 i ll test it new psu , if random  restart keeps going, than i ll report it to Asus Global
They know me cause, i had big problem with Asus ROG 5700xt and they payed back money.

0 Likes

You are welcome. I hope you get the situation sorted with as little inconvenience as possible. Report back what ends up fixing thing as it will help other users like you. 

Good Luck!

0 Likes

Pc s working 2 hours witout no restart with new PSu
tested 30 minutes w,th OCCT no erros.
XMP 2.0 
Performance LEVEL 3 (OC)

everything s ok now.
if i have any reatart again, i let you know

old Psu 850 High Power 80 Gold
new Psu Corsair RM850 Gold

What are your CPU 12v and GPU 12v values when the OCCT power test is running? What are your minimum CPU 12v and GPU 12v values? You can check it with HWINFO64. Is the PSU looking good?

0 Likes

unfortunately , i had 2 times restart with new psu. i think is Motherboard xmp2.0 issue.
i send pic , now i m trying new settings.

xmp2.0 disable

i set manuel 3600

u can see 12v 5v 3.3vIMG_20201030_204939.jpg

and others in picturesIMG_20201030_204946.jpgIMG_20201030_205000.jpgIMG_20201030_204946.jpg

0 Likes

in this settings 
i get high numbers on cpuz
xmp2.0 disable manuel 3600
Performance Level 3 OC

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

old settings i had
single core 538-539
multi 8330 - 8340

i ll test new settings till random restart

0 Likes

The important thing is stabilization. BIOS settings may push the TDP and the processor.

0 Likes

ok thank u
you mean
Performance Enhancer --auto
XMP2.0 (D.O.C.P) enable ?

but first , ll test new settings with Level 3 OC mode

if i had random reatart again let u know
thanks for replay

yes i can send mobo to asus but i have to wait 2-3 weeks for a results. if ve enoguh money , i can buy a new mobo maybe ASUS x570 F

0 Likes

I mean that Performance Enhancer should be "disabled", not auto.
This feature increases the TDP and the VRM loads.
If XMP does not change this feature (Performance Enhancer), I think you can choose what you want.

0 Likes

ASUS x570 F is very very good. But causing restart problem, I really don't want to believe the motherboard is faulty.

0 Likes

mailed asus for this issue.
we ll see
let u know about  Asus and new bios .
1 hour no restart. 
xmp disable
manuel 3600
Level 3 OC (Performance Ench.)

0 Likes

This is your choice that may make your system unstable. I've told you this over and over again. This choice is very likely to cause the problem. And you still hope that the system will remain stable with the same choice. You can also try 3200-RAM. But I wouldn't try this if I was there. Because I think this won't fix the problem.

0 Likes

mstfbsrn980 i assure you that 3600 ram can cause reboots without bsod (at idle most of the time), i had the same problem ... 3200 is the first thing to test as 3600 is overclocking of the system (not the ram sticks they are not the problem) ... and as you said , no level 3 oc thing too, that's just adding confusion to the analysis

0 Likes

Also, what do you usually experience the restart problem when you do? Can you say something specific for the restarts?

0 Likes

only on Edge Chrome when i googled something. i formated 3-4 times for this problem. all drivers are upthedate. chipset, nvidia, and bios
last nite i played game 4-5 hours and no resstart with this settings LEVEL 3 OC , xmp disable, and 3600 manuel, 4-5 no restart deuign game
then when googled restart 2 times

0 Likes

i mean 4-5 hours no retart in game play
than shut down pc. then sleep
and in morning start pc and googled something than restart

0 Likes

What is your CPU cooler? Can you take and send a picture showing the air flow of your PC case?

If RAM was a problem, your system would have a freezing problem. WHEA errors may be caused by RAM with low probability. That's all...

The motherboard somehow cuts off the power of your system to protect itself. All the information you give shows this.

0 Likes

yes only when  xmp enable i m having tihs restart
but i used 3700 x + 2*8 ram xmp enable and level 3 oc 6-7 months with no RESTART
than i bought 3900x and used with 2*8 xmp enable level 3 oc 2 months with no restart
and finaly 3900x + 4*8 xmp 2.0 lecel 3 Oc random restart
i think there s no any hardware problem maybe bios 
i have artic 2 280 with pull-push 4 fans

cooler sisterms are reallty good cos, in AIDA64 and other tests i seen max 70 degree in 1 hour test
IMG_20201031_143001.jpgIMG_20201031_143037.jpg

0 Likes

You have already experienced before that 3600 does not cause restarts... So this may be some kind of answer to the other retired citizen. Remove the two DIMMs you purchased later from your system and reset the BIOS to factory settings.

0 Likes

you also helped me thank you
i just dont wanna default settings cos i bought good and quality pc parts.
if i still have this problem , i ll buy new mobo.

don't do that, it's not about your mb (maybe bios version at least , but there is nothing wrong with your hardware) you allways can wait for next version , and soon you will understand that you waste a lot of time...we are not speaking about cpu frequency here , just ram ... sometime a bios update can make you gain speed on cpu and in the same time loose on ram , the important thing is the overall result, and not being stuck on some figures

0 Likes

My only goal is for you to find the cause of the error. I don't think RAM is causing this problem. But since you are using 4 DIMMs, some controller go to the motherboard and BIOS check, and I thought that something like this might cause a rare restart problem.

It is a mistake to use 4 DIMMs for a system without quad-channel support. Also, the cooling of your system seems very good. For this reason, you may experience such a problem as the VRM (or chipset) cooling of the motherboard is insufficient for your processor. Frankly, this is the reason I can think of. But what I wrote is empty because you could not get back to the things that should be done for testing purposes...

0 Likes

yes I know , i repeat for the last time, i had the same problem (no bsod reboot at idle or googling) until i set my ram to safe 3200 ...(and you add the level 3 oc that is not useful and adding to your confusion)

0 Likes

new bios can fix this issue?

0 Likes

Yes, new BIOS can fix it...

0 Likes

or cause more instability issue if he sets wrong parameter in his bios ... because stability improvement of a bios can cause more instability if OC

0 Likes

Return the motherboard if you can. RAM problems do not cause restart.

Thank you. You share very clear BIOS information. With these BIOS settings, 105w TDP will probably be much higher. And the TUF series VRM may restart when the temperature increases. So only the processor temperature is not important.

But if you want, turn off the Performance Enhancer feature and try it with 3600 RAM for the last time. RAM is not a problem in my opinion.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

Hi , i already responded to you in another thread : no oc level 3 and set ram to 3200 , 3600 is oc... don't use xmp, put manual timings to 3200 (maybe use ryzen ram calculator to put the main right timings)

happy to see you have now a good psu , that clearly eliminates the psu potential problem , but now i'm pretty sure it's a ram problem (not your sticks but the fact that 3600 is oc for your system (not for you ram )), you could have tested your system with no oc before update your psu !

0 Likes

thank you
i used tihs config long time with no restart no error
when i ve 2*8 kit
2*8 16 xmp 2.0 enable
level 3 oc  no error maybe 9 months
when i get 4*8 32 
i had random restart.

0 Likes

xmp disable
manuel 3600

AND restart gain
i think 3600 is not workşng with 4*8 32 Gb ram
all bios settings defaut now only Level 3 OC on
3 hours no restart and cpuz test is good .

0 Likes

I have 4400 sticks that, were working @4400 in 2x8 for month ...  as i go for 4x8  (added two more 4400 sticks , furthermore 2 differents kits : that is not recommanded), computer only booted @3600 ... thought it was stable , but noticed some reboots at night sometime not very often at all (maybe 1 time every 2 weeks), without pushing further the investigation...

but as i updated bios of my motherboard because bios update log says "improving ram stability" , i see restarts more often... and the only thing to solved this is to set ram at 3200

i don't know how to make you understand that 3600 is overclocking , so there is no garantee it continues to work after some update ... if you want your 3600 to work as before maybe you will have to downgrade every update you made since it was working ... that's my opinion ... don't use level 3oc if you don't know what it is , OC is evidently not ok to test stability in every case , ...restart from beginning

0 Likes

4*8 ram kits are already 3600 cl 18 ram

Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL18

0 Likes

it's not because they are 3600 that you can make them go at 3600 with your ryzen system (or maybe you have to overvolt some components , but that's not a way to start to test for a stable system and that's not a way to analyse things)... again, the problem is not about ram sticks , it's about stabilty while oc to 3600... you don't oc your ram at 3600 you oc your system (flck @ 1800 etc)

maybe i 'm not clear enough i don't know lol , sorry but  i won't be able to help you more i you don't test what i tell you

0 Likes
jaydeejoy
Elite

LOL ok 
i think i m gonna buy new mobo when asus mailed me

last settings i ll test it now 

IMG_20201031_141955.jpg

IMG_20201031_141842.jpg

0 Likes

You are using the system with 1.5 core voltage. How powerful is your CPU cooler? How stable do you expect the system to stay at these settings? I am not suggesting you. I'm just trying to help you find the problem. It is normal that the system does not work properly at these settings.

0 Likes

cpu temperature 37° in bios that's pretty ok i think (depending of how long your system is running even in bios) ... 1,5V is absolutely ok and normal for ryzen at idle... not causing any heat

his components are way better cooled then mine

0 Likes