cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mraghora
Journeyman III

Cant find additional settings in amd adrenalin software and won't install AMD catalyst control center

My laptop came with 2 gpu,intel and amd radeon 520(dedicated).Since switchable graphics wasnt installed intel graphics is default.But when i tried to switch to AMD the adrenalin software wont show additional settings and hence i cant switch and dedicated gpu is not usable.I also tried to install catalyst control center.But after installing it is not showing any settings,like there is not graphics card in it.Please help me fix this issue.Does AMD neglected Radeon 520 from minimum requirements of AMD CCC software.

0 Likes
4 Replies

The switchable graphics selection is now controlled by Microsoft....under computer Display options..Graphics.

mraghora
Journeyman III

Bro it will allow me to selet only some apps to run on amd graphics.I need to know how to set it as default graphics.Please help...

0 Likes

By default you can not choose the discrete graphics as the primary graphics. The AMD high performance graphics controls 3-D applications...not 2-D surf the web usage. The only way that can be done is through the bios...if your laptop has the option. The idea is to change the setting in the bios from switchable/dynamic graphics to fixed/static graphics. This disables the integrated (Intel) graphics.

Also under your Windows Power Profiles using a high performance profile can help push things onto the discrete graphics. 

Many laptops have custom locked power profiles but will have a slider. Moving that slider all the way to a direction that favors performance may also help push apps onto the discrete graphics. 

0 Likes