cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

genesisx7
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3900 temp is always fluctuating

I have a Ryzen 3900X mounted on a ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (Wi-Fi) w/ DDR4-2666, 7.1 Audio, 2.5G + GB LAN, 802.11ax, SLI / 3-Way CrossFire with the latest BIOS V 2206 and ever since I bought it new (almost two months ago) and had the store (Memory Express) mount the CPU and 32 Gigs of ram, the CPU speed (MHz) and Core Voltage keep fluctuating all the time which in turn changes the temperature of the CPU thus constantly ramping up and ramping down the CPU and case fans.  Is this the normal behavior of the CPU as all settings are set to default in the BIOS.  It is quite annoying and I am wondering is there a way to stabilize it by manually setting the clock speed to 3800.0 MHz or 4000.0 MHz (not the the multiplier which is set at 100) or the Core voltage say to 1.0 or 1.20 volts that would possibly stabilize the clock speed, temperature, and fan speed fluctuations?   Guys, I really could use some help on this or some information as to why this is happening and is this normal behavior for this CPU?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

0 Likes
2 Replies

It's normal. As Ryzen processors can change speed and power states in 1ms, it's normal behavior even when overclocking.

0 Likes

Thanks black_zion, I wasn't sure even though I have always used AMD cpu's and Asus mobo's in all my clients and personal builds I never had such an experience until this first Ryzen build.  Are there any other unique things or features that you can tell me about this Ryzen 3900X ?

Thanks again,

Kevin

0 Likes