AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 5700XT nitro+ losing signal after windows turns screen off(idle)

Question asked by kaganzorluoglu on Oct 14, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2020 by pokester

Hello guys , 

• Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
  • Desktop 
  • Windows 10 up-to-date as of 14th october , 2020
  • Driver version installed : 20.9.2
  • Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27'' , 2560 x1440 , 144hz , using hdmi2.0 cable
  • MSI MAG B550M Mortar Wifi , bios version : 7C94v10
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Thermaltake TR2 S 650W  80+
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16S-16GVK , 16gigs single stick 3200mhz with xmp profile

After leaving computer idle a while windows automatically turns screen off , when i try to wake the monitor up by moving mouse or pressing a key on keyboard monitor says no signal but everything else runs perfectly(i can hear audio during that). Only way for me to fix this is, i plug out the hdmi cable from gpu and then plug back into the gpu , i recover signal and can continue using my computer again.
I used the monitor a week or so on my laptop with the same cable, had no issues related to that whatsoever ( it had gtx 850m gpu+ and hdgraphics of 4th gen intel cpu's).
Very happy with the performance of my system and have no other issues , ran some occt&furmark tests with it , all good.
From my experiences, this is more likely to happen while some hardware-accelarated apps are running in the back i.e bluestacks, chrome. I do not know how to fix this , disabled fast boot on windows also.
Best Regards and Thanks in advance for your help, pardon my english it is kinda bad.

Outcomes