cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX 5700XT nitro+ losing signal after windows turns screen off(idle)

Hello guys , 

• Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
  • Desktop 
  • Windows 10 up-to-date as of 14th october , 2020
  • Driver version installed : 20.9.2
  • Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27'' , 2560 x1440 , 144hz , using hdmi2.0 cable
  • MSI MAG B550M Mortar Wifi , bios version : 7C94v10
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Thermaltake TR2 S 650W  80+
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16S-16GVK , 16gigs single stick 3200mhz with xmp profile

After leaving computer idle a while windows automatically turns screen off , when i try to wake the monitor up by moving mouse or pressing a key on keyboard monitor says no signal but everything else runs perfectly(i can hear audio during that). Only way for me to fix this is, i plug out the hdmi cable from gpu and then plug back into the gpu , i recover signal and can continue using my computer again.
I used the monitor a week or so on my laptop with the same cable, had no issues related to that whatsoever ( it had gtx 850m gpu+ and hdgraphics of 4th gen intel cpu's).
Very happy with the performance of my system and have no other issues , ran some occt&furmark tests with it , all good.
From my experiences, this is more likely to happen while some hardware-accelarated apps are running in the back i.e bluestacks, chrome. I do not know how to fix this , disabled fast boot on windows also.
Best Regards and Thanks in advance for your help, pardon my english it is kinda bad.

5 Replies

Sounds like the trouble shooting steps you have take are the right ones. 

In addition I have a few thoughts. 

Sometimes the driver installs just get a little wonky. Try running DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safemode. 

Then with the internet disconnect re-install the AMD driver and choose factory reset. 

Also with monitors a lot of sleep fixes are in the Monitor Driver and most users never install those drivers. Or if they did Windows tends to remove it with some updates replacing with the generic pnp monitor drivers. With monitors they either get firmware or driver updates to fix issues. Acer usually uses drivers. You model does have a driver so if you have not tried it try installing or re-installing it.  

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7833?b=1 

If that doesn't help you could try reseting the Windows Power Profiles to defaults. A link to how to do that: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/43774-reset-restore-power-plans-default-settings-windows-10-a.ht... 

Oh also contacting your GPU cards maker would be advisable if all else fails. Maybe they know of an issue and have a bios fix for it with that card. 

Also if you motherboard is not on the latest bios load the latest. If it is reset the bios to defaults reboot and test the situation before re-applying any changes you may have made in the bios. 

If none of that helps contact AMD support and maybe they can do better:  

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

tried pretty much all of those and not fixed, im running on extreme performance power plan also idk if that matters

0 Likes

Yes it could. I would do the reset power profiles and put it on balanced. See if by any chance that changes things. 

From there I too am at a loss. IN addition to AMD support asking your GPU maker and Monitor makers support departments would be a good step too. Maybe one of the 3 will have an idea on this as they have heard it before.

If you do find the fix, please do report back what it was. It may help others like you down the line. 

0 Likes

power plans made no difference, contacted with amd support waiting for their answer. if they cant help me fix the issue ill contact with sapphire. if all else fails probably will keep dealing with hdmi cable plug in and outs :'D

0 Likes

Well at least you can say you truly did all you can do.