I've got 3 x machines with this spec:
COOLER MASTER LIQUID ML240R TR4 ( RGB )
MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X399 AORUS PRO
6 GB GTX 1660 TI TWIN X2 ( Two Graphics )
SSD 500 GB 860EVO SAMSUNG
Antec 1000watt PSU
16 GB DDR-4 CORSAIR 3000 MHZ VENGEANCE (Total 64GB )
Win 10 Pro x64
These machines are used for rendering 3D visualization simulations. This is a CPU heavy task. The software we use is 3D Studio Max with a range of plugins and add-ons (v-ray etc)
Unfortunately, as soon as the render kicks off, some of the 3 machines will crash within 10-15 minutes. If I wait long enough (48 hours), the rest of the machines will crash also Randomly anytime without warning system goes in sleep mode or black Screen comes . .
When I say "Crash", I mean the screen goes into sleep Mode (black), no image to screen. Keyboard numlock doesn't work. Even the power or reset buttons don't work - I have to physically remove the power cord and re-plug it in. There is no bluescreen or anything. It just stops working. The event log simply shows that the previous shutdown at <time> was not unexpected.
Things I have tried so far:
- Latest drivers, bioses and firmware versions for the SSD
- Reinstalled windows & drivers
- Run sfc and dism to check that the system files aren't damaged
- Checked temperatures to ensure the CPU/GPU arent overheating (it isn't).
- Run synthetic benchmarks like IntelBurnTest and Memtest86.
- Physically relocated the affected machines to another office to see if this is an environmental issue (didn't help).
During synthetic benchmarking the system will sometimes crash, other times remain stable for 48+ hours.
What is going on here? All 3 machines are doing this Randomly anytime ..