cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zazuuuni
Journeyman III

Amd Ryzen 5 3600

Hello! I have Amd Ryzen 5 3600 processor and I have been looking tempatures and they are 60-70 in normal internet browsing and gaming 80-90... I use stock cooler... But when i look GHz's its 4-4,05 all time.. AND I HAVEN'T overclock my processor... I downloaded the app named Amd Ryzen Master to see what is my current ghz its over 4000MHz.. and maximum is 4200MHz... Why its 4GHz without overclocking... and not that 3,6GHz..

0 Likes
3 Replies
gto_pro
Adept III

yes the processor has precision boost tehnology that boosts it to around 4.2 ghz u have to turn it of in bios i had to do it to unfortunetly im keeping it at stock 3.6 ghz so that my cpu cooler doesnt ramp up anoyingly every time at over 60c when browsing.Also i got rid of the high temps this way now its 32c on idle and max 55 while gaming but u are losing single core performance.

0 Likes
zazuuuni
Journeyman III

I have msi tomahawk max and I can't turn it off.. Its already off but still its 4.2ghz. What should I do?

0 Likes

sorry for the long response o dont check the forums verry often well u need to disable game boost then to advanced cpu config and disable precision boost overdrive and core performance boost and also set in cpu advanced features amd cool and quiet to auto.

0 Likes