AnsweredAssumed Answered

Motherboard doesn't turn on suddenly, even after reseating CPU

Question asked by byuu on Oct 1, 2020
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2020 by byuu

Hi guys, a few days ago my PC just suddenly stopped working. I tried removing the motherboard and reconnected everything minimal but it still won't start. I checked the PSU and it seems it was working (using the PSU tester).

I brought the motherboard along with the cpu still attached for shop warranty and it was working when they tested. After I got home I reassembled it and to my surprise it was again working. Then just after a day or two when I'm about to use the PC it happened again (no power). This time, I tried to remove the CPU and after turning it on, the motherboard got power (fans were spinning, ez debug led set to CPU). After some reading I thought it might be bent pins but after checking I don't seem to find one. However, I noticed that there is this weird something between some of the pins, but I don't know what it is. Could it be the problem? What possibly could it be? I checked with a zoomed camera and it doesn't seem to be just dirt.

I attached some images from different angles.

I just assembled my build just last month from brand new parts. I'm using a B450 mortar max + ryzen 5 3600. My usage is just casual internet and gaming. 

Outcomes