cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

atrivion
Journeyman III

HTR-4065 and Sapphire RX 5600 XT greenscreen crashes.

Since I bought this card in August I've experienced green screen crashes and forced reboots of my PC quite often.

I'm still not 100% sure my card isn't faulty in some way but it seems like my Reciever is the crock here.

Long story short, I booted my PC and walked out into the kitchen, came back and noticed i forgot the TV, turned it on and when the Reciever turned on, Green screen crash. 

I unplugged the reciever and put the HDMI straight into the TV. One day later no crash, no matter how much i try to make it crash by starting games and programs that has crashed the card alot in the past over and over.

Today i plugged the reciever in again, booted the game and straight away crash with a WHEA Fatal Hardware error warning in event viewer. (Which I get every time I green screen)

I also suffer from horizontal distortions/screen tears at times, often I get a crash, sometimes they vanish. 

I also have a small crackling from my speakers when i plug in the reciever. 

Maybe someone else that suffers from green screen crashes will find this useful.

I'll spend the rest of the day trying to crash again without the reciever plugged in. Maybe i just got "lucky" yesterday when i couldn't make it crash. 

Have a nice day.

Latest Win 10 64b updates installed. Latest drivers for the card. Tried with and without Adrenalin installed.

Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT 6GB PULSE

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 35MB

MSI B550 Mortar motherboard.

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance

HTR-4065 - Home  This is the reciever in question. Its a few years old. 5-7 years since I bought it I think.

If someone from AMD reads this, please look into this and see if its a software related thing that can be patched. I really cant afford a new Reciever after just buying new PC parts =S

0 Likes
0 Replies