It seems like this issue is present in a pretty wide range of systems. Some other reports of this can be found here and here. The two issues definitely seem to be linked, judging by other user reports.
- R7 3800X CPU
- b450 tomahawk max MB
- 5700XT GPU (Gigabyte Gaming OC)
- 2x8GB 3200 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT RAM
- 500GB Kingston A2000 SSD (OS Drive)
- 750W Gigabyte G750H PSU
- Windows 10 Education 10.0.19041 Build 19041
- Radeon 20.9.1 GPU Drivers
- 2.01.15.2138 Chipset Drivers
- Bios version 3.70,
- No Ryzen Master installed
Installing ryzen master appears to go smoothly. I can click through the installer as normal and I even get a "Successfully Installed" message at the end. However, the installer doesn't actually install anything, not even an installation directory. Here's the log.
Things I've tried
- Running this tool from microsoft. It doesn't detect Ryzen Master as installed.
- Installing old versions of Ryzen Master from 3rd Party websites such as guru3d.
- Deleting pretty much every key that relates to Ryzen Master in my registry
- Running the various executables created in C:/AMD/RyzenMasterExtract. They either straight up don't work (/AMD Ryzen Master.msi, /MSIFiles/AMD Ryzen Master.msi), have the same issue (/MSIFiles/Qt_Dependencies/Setup.exe), or give the message: "Installation of AMD Ryzen Master from extracted binaries is prohibited." (/MSIFiles/Packages/AMD Ryzen Master UI.exe)
I cannot install chipset drivers past version 2.01.15.2138. Any later version give this error.
Things I've tried
- Uninstalling previous versions, with both the AMD cleanup utility and the microsoft tool mentioned above.
- Running DDU in safe mode, then reinstalling graphics drivers from the AMD website.
Other things I've tried
- On top of what I've mentioned above, I've also tried a completely clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on a different SSD with no extra drives attached, ruling out any of my storage devices as the issue. On the clean install, the only programs I attempted to install were Ryzen Master and the Chipset Drivers, but both failed in the same ways mentioned above. To me, this implies either a hardware or firmware issue.
- I have also cleared CMOS multiple times, changed the BIOS mode to UEFI from BIOS, and flashed the latest bios manually.
- Disabling windows defender during installation
- Running a system file checker scan
- Running the installers as administrator
- Reinstalling Visual C++ redistributables